Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite mobile phone you've owned?

• 21-09-2009 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

I know there's been a thread on your Favourite oldskool GSM phone, but I was wondering what everyone's favourite mobile phone is, ever, that they've owned?

My favourite mobile phone is the Sony Ericsson K800i.

K800.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Has to be the N95 for me at the moment. In time the N97 might knock it off, further firmware will have to arrive first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

The n95 8gig. It beats all the other phones I've owned:
    - Nokia 3120, 2630, 6230, 6230i, e51, n70, n97, 6080, 6070, 6220c, 3120c, 3220, .....
    - XDA Exec, IQ, Mini
    - Sony w810i, w800i, k800i, k810i (second best phone i ever owned), c902 (over hyped slow piece of ****e)
    - various others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

The Sony K 750i was a classsic. Great camera and just did everything well, but the Samsung Jet I have replaced it with is just so much better in all respects there is hardly a comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭cee_jay

Definitely Sony Ericsson K800i. I dropped it into a pint and it was no more :(
    The camera was amazing on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

Its a hard one. probably the 6810 because the keyboard was so good and it was very reliable/responsive and everything.

It was released 5 years ago and I can't honestly say my E63 is much better. Has EDGE,Bluetooth,Email the browser sucks and it won't play MP3's but I hardly use that anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

K750i = 1st decent cam-phone (and last great SE - besides w810i) and: Nokia E61- tough as nails, incredible batttery allround superbrick

strecker wrote: »
    K750i = 1st decent cam-phone (and last great SE - besides w810i) and: Nokia E61- tough as nails, incredible batttery allround superbrick

i always found the keys on the E61 too wobbly for my liking but it was still a good phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

My current one's probably my favourite:
    lg_shine-thumb.jpg
    Feel lovely and solid. Camera is pretty average, but then again it's a mobile phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

LG Renoir. Great phone. The camera was one of the big turning points for me but also the wifi is good. GPS is very good also. I think everything it tries to do, it does well. The lack of an app platform might put it down for some but it runs java very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

sony k800i its been on a building site 2 years and still goin ......
    I love my blackberry curve too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭Keith186

N95 so far, possibly the N900 if I get one eventually, looks like it might be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

In an era when phones were bricks - and they're back to being bricks again - I loved the miniscule nokia 8210. Went through 3 of them due to the issue with screen failings but amazingly it's one that stands out in my memory.

nokia-8210.1891676.jpg

The e51 I'm using at the moment is probably the best all rounder i've ever owned.

ah yes the infamous 'ink fading' issue. i never had a 8210 but i remember it well. i used to envy people who had those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Dankoozy wrote: »
    ah yes the infamous 'ink fading' issue. i never had a 8210 but i remember it well. i used to envy people who had those

Mine never faded, the screen just died. 15euro on ebay, I'm half tempted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

NEC 9A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭iwb

I can't really pick one. I bought a very slightly used SE P800 for over €600 a long time ago and it was the phone I had for the longest (over a year). It ended up in the bilge of the ship while still on. Only for that, I would have had it longer.

Since then, the N95 8GB was probably the best phone. Not sure why. I guess it is just a good balance and well packaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

had to be the n95 for myself, or if i go really back then the 3310.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

N82 - just bought my THIRD one.

Followed by me E61 and .... nGage original !

First smartphone, under 100 quid at the time. So quick to navigate and text on. Used to be like I just had to think of text and it would appear. As tough as an E61, but not pond proof though :(

/Does evil monkey finger shake at pond/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,624 ✭✭✭Thor

Oh yeah the N-gage

completely forgot about that one.
    that was defo one of my best phones.

playing games in the middle of class with mates!!!!!!!

can't believe i forgot about that but the n95 would still beat it as it just change the way phones were with all the **** in it and the abilitys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

My current G1 :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

iPhone- longest phone I ever hard

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭thegrayson

Ericsson T39. I still have mine, it still works, can go two weeks without a charge, great spare phone.
    ert39.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭boredatwork82

Mine would be the Nokia 6310i with the blue screen.
    Still have one, but since I developed a habit of writing long texts I stopped using it, as the text input is limited in to a certain number of characters.

Like another poster said about another old phone, it seems to go forever without a charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,013 ✭✭✭slegs

Favoourite Phone
    Sont Ericsson T68i - it was a massive leap forward with size, color, MMS, email bluetooth and relatively low cost in 2002/3

Current phone is best phone I have owned Nokia E71 for all round size, features, usability, quality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Mine would have to be the N95 8GB, but the 3310 will always be one of my favourite phones ever

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

slegs wrote: »
    Favoourite Phone
    Sont Ericsson T68i - it was a massive leap forward with size, color, MMS, email bluetooth and relatively low cost in 2002/3

Current phone is best phone I have owned Nokia E71 for all round size, features, usability, quality

agree. I believe all touchy hype aside, the E71 is currently the best allrounder. Fullstop.

When the e72 comes with dedicated audio chip, 3.5 jack, 5mp cam, sh*tloads of ram and fp2...hm O-o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,952 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Nokia 6234

9854wp0604_nokia_6234_02%5B1%5D.jpg

Damn good phone. Had one which after about 6 months, I broke the screen on so decided to get a new Samgsung. Hated the Samsung, so about 2 months later I bought another 6234 (I'd donated my old one for a charity collection)

Have an N95 at the minute, but thinking of upgrading. The phone just doesn't excite me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

20183594.ResizeofMotorolaV3688X.jpg

The Motorola V3688. :)

The sexiest phone in 1998!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,922 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

slegs wrote: »
    Favoourite Phone

yep for me too, but I got it as an ericsson T68, b4 the merge with sony and wasnt cheap (back then at least) £200 on a uk contract..nov 2001 I think) but was great..

I lost the first one toward end of contract and got a new gold t68i for.. FREE!!! with a contract, and that baby lasted for about 4-5years (would still work now, but the joystick and call buttons went)

Advertisement