Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite mobile phone you've owned?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Siemens S55 was the smallest, bestest phone ever. It had email, camera, colour screen before any of the competition had even thought of those features.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭eamon234

20183594.ResizeofMotorolaV3688X.jpg

The Motorola V3688. :)

The sexiest phone in 1998!

Absolutely - I was working for an Eircell store at the time and they had a draw for staff one month and I won one. They were so rare at the start because they were so expensive and generally only available on contract. It was a real head turner at the time my mates were so jealous!

Having said that it's got to be the iPhone for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Siemens S55 was the smallest, bestest phone ever.

Pity that the buttons fell off. I say one on sale in town in a used phone shop, if you still want one.

For me the T28 was my golden oldie. I never had a T39 but have thought about sending to Hong Kong for one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

I loved my nokia 7210... was small, great to use and had without the best mobile game I've ever played BOUNCE!!! Spent forever trying to clear one level. anyone who's played it will know the one.

But my favourite phone is my current HTC diamond. It does everything I could imagine a phone doing. and its so customisable thanks to xda-developers.

Posting from it now too!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Nokia 8810, paid £600 for it, but got to pick my number out of Eircell's huge book of unused numbers. :)

Beautiful, great phone.

Beaten by the k800i though. Thinking of signing to 3 to get a free w705, even if it's a crap phone I can use the free 4gb m2 card in my k800i. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Dankoozy

still thinking of getting one of these, nokia's first 3G phone

nokia_6650.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Nokia 3410............Aw sucha phone.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

thegrayson wrote: »
    Ericsson T39. I still have mine, it still works, can go two weeks without a charge, great spare phone.
    ert39.gif

If your ever thinking of getting rid of it PM me!
    I'm a big fan of those early Ericsson phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Kento

iPhone, no question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

favorite all time was this:

nostalgia_nokia_3310.png

did exactly wat it was supposed to do for nearly 3 years...even when i dropped from the roof of the house or into a pint....

new favorite is bound to be my new one whenever i get it:
    Samsung Galaxy

Samsung-Galaxy.jpg

• Advertisement

eww android

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Dankoozy wrote: »
    eww android
    Ewwww (insert Dankoozys favourite os here)

Ewwww (insert Dankoozys favourite os here)

what does the Atari Jaguar run?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

Dankoozy wrote: »
    what does the Atari Jaguar run?

Something you'd no doubt disagree with. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 Spootie

Nokia 8110 first phone I ever had, loved it!

Nokia 7110 second phone I ever had, and the worst!

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭deepriver

Sony Ericsson W9101
    • Best Camera
    • Best UI
    • Best MP3 Player
    • Best USB option for putting on / taking off media
    • Nice looking phone
    • Good Internet Browser
    Havent tried the iPhone yet, but I am a big SE fan now

deepriver wrote: »
    Havent tried the iPhone yet, but I am a big SE fan now

you're not missing out. I had one, it was a piece of ****e. i'd rather use some S40 thing from way back when a string and 2 cans

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The K800i is one that definitely stands out as a great phone, with good camera. I gave it away to my sister after the vibration function stopped and I "upgraded" to a N80. Suffice to say, bad move, the N80 was rubbish IMO, and the phone magically started vibrating again and still is used today by my sis.

Before that, honourable mention goes to my early 3210, which amazingly still works I'm told(though battery holds no charge now).

Now, I've got an E51 which isn't bad in fairness but not as memorable as the other 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

E51. It's my first smartphone, and I absolutely love it, although I'm eyeing up the E72 these days, which seems to fix all the E51's shortcomings (and the E71's, from what I can see).

My favourite non-smartphone was the Nokia 3510 (black and white screen). I loved the quirky design, the polyphonic ringtones, the voice dialling, and most of all the fact that it lasted me for about 5 years as a backup phone. It eventually met its end in a toilet bowl (technically only the 0 and the 8 were out of action, but that rendered it pretty unusable) :p

nokia-3510.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

My favourite is still the nokia 8210

Nokia8210.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

nokia 6800
    nokia_6800.jpg

payed 450euro for it sim free, had it specially ordered from a shop in dublin, I could have been the first person in the country.

I loved that phone, nice size for my big hands. very quick typing on the qwerty keyboard. I lost it on drunken night spinning upside down on some railings, by the time I realised it was missing when I got home and figured out where it might be I was too drunk to go back out and find it. I would have kept it for life, it was my personal diary. took me a few weeks to get over the loss :(

and the newer version that came out was too small for me.

same as the new e71, my thumbs dont fit it as well as the e61i

nokia 6800

payed 450euro for it sim free, had it specially ordered from a shop in dublin, I could have been the first person in the country.

I loved that phone, nice size for my big hands. very quick typing on the qwerty keyboard. I lost it on drunken night spinning upside down on some railings, by the time I realised it was missing when I got home and figured out where it might be I was too drunk to go back out and find it. I would have kept it for life, it was my personal diary. took me a few weeks to get over the loss :(

and the newer version that came out was too small for me.

same as the new e71, my thumbs dont fit it as well as the e61i

that was a ****ing excellent phone. i had the slightly more unusual 6810 with bluetooth + edge but what a phone. no phone will ever have a keyboard as good as that one.

people used to complain that it was 'like a fridge' and couldnt understand why i bought one but none of those people ever used the keyboard on one of those phones. i remember waiting and waiting for the damn thing to come out, it was supposed to be cancelled at one point because it was announced at the same time as the 6820 and that was supposed to be universally 'better' but it wasn't.

Nokia6810.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,013 ✭✭✭opus

Nokia N82, have it over a year & still haven't been temped by anything to replace it with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭ciaran76

At the time the K800i was a great phone and I loved it. Had it for 2 years and never thought I could replace it.

Had 2-3 phones after that and went through them quickly as they were never the same as the k800i.

Then I got the N958gb about 2.5 years ago and still havent been able to replace it.Hasn't let me down yet and even took a Samsung Tocco there recently as my 2nd phone but could not live up to my N95 so went back to it after a couple of weeks.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

My Nokia N81, love it to bits!

About 2 and a half years old now, battery still lasts a few days between charges. Only thing slightly dodge is the browser but I have Opera Mini on it and that does the job!

Nokia-N81.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Nokia 7610 or 7110.. Would find it hard to pick between them.

I used to very fond of the older Panasonic handsets - GD90 and GD93 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

My nokia 6680 was amazing! loved it to bits, had it for about 3 years, not a single fault with it until it just stopped working.

nokia_6680.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Dancor

imgSharp%20GX10i1.jpg

Ones that springs to mind for me is the GX10, 10i and Gx20's. Loved them at the time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,590 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Trium Geo,other that it would have been my sony ericson k800,I have the
    k850 and its only ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,871 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

For me it was the ever-reliable, Nokia 6310i:
    6310i-722.jpg
    The battery actually lasted as long as the specs claimed, never failed, didn't freeze, randomly reboot etc - no wonder there's still a thriving refurb market out there!

Advertisement