Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favourite mobile phone you've owned?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Would have been my nokia 6680 but 3 had so many fecking unlocking restrictions with 3. So I wasn't able to keep when I changed network. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭xanthor

Probably the N95 8GB. It was the single biggest jump i ever made from one phone to another, the previous one being the K800. Sure, battery life was horrible at first, and it had to go back after a USB connection caused the screen to go blank, but it felt like a good balance between ease of use and range of features.

I traded in at CPW against an N97, and i sometimes think it's a step sideways at best... had it... a month now? So maybe it will take time to iron the bugs out, but i remember being much happier with the N95 8GB after a month, than i am with the N97 after a month. Perhaps i'm just spoilt.
    sony k800i its been on a building site 2 years and still goin ......

Lots of love for the K800 around here, some 3 years later and i see plenty of people with one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

N95 8GB
    nokia-n95-8gb-combo1.jpg
    Perfect phone in so many ways, really reinvented the definition of a phone. Battery life was crap at first but now its easy to live with and its an excellent phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Trium Geo,other that it would have been my sony ericson k800,I have the
    k850 and its only ok.

Those Trium Galaxys ruined Christmas 2003 I think, every second 1 on Ready to go was a dud. Had many thrown at me!

K800i so far.

Had the s25 loved it at the time it was tiny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

byte wrote: »
    .... and the phone magically started vibrating again and still is used today by my sis.

Well, quite.....
    nokia 6800
    I loved that phone, nice size for my big hands. very quick typing on the qwerty keyboard.

The one thing I have been appalled at from Nokia since my 3110 died years ago is the shoddy shoddy keypads they've been using. Cheap, unusable, plasticky crap. Used to be the exact opposite - Nokia were solid quality all the way through and felt like it. It's years since I held a Nokia that didn't feel flimsy and badly put together (n95 is reasonable but only just).
    xanthor wrote: »
    Lots of love for the K800 around here, some 3 years later and i see plenty of people with one.

K800i is a brilliantly featured phone, perfect size, great screen, great camera, solidly made, well laid out and looks good. Not surprising it's still popular.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

ha ha just reading this and it's so weird every second post i have remembered i had that phone too I think i have counted up 22 different phones in the last 12 years started off with motorola c170 on eircel 088 pay as you go :eek::eek: do you remember you could put 4 X AA duracell batteries into it :D

Suppose favourite phone a toss up between Nokia 7110 matrix phone I was cool flicking that thing when it rang or Motorola V70

Nah defo my current phone BB Pearl had a storm but it broke me heart touchscreen my @r$e

for those of you interested my phones have been first 5 or 6 are in order after that recollection gets patcy

Motorola C170
    Siemans C10
    Ericsson T38
    Motorola V70
    Nokia 6150
    Nokia 8210
    Nokia 6230I
    Sharp GX10i
    Nokia 6234
    Siemans C55
    Blackberry Storm
    Blackberry Pearl
    Nokia E65
    Nokia 6610I
    Sony Ericsson V800
    Nokia E51
    Nokia 3220 (F**cking thing lit up like a spaceship if you got a text)
    Nokia 6310i
    Nokia 6510 (mother still used it up to last year)
    Motorola startac

Oh and yes i was both addicted to phones and conveniently clumbsy with phones always managed to lose current phone when I spotted a new one was never happy till Blackberry

Advertisement