Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Season 2 Week 1 Discussion

Options
  • 17-09-2009 8:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭

It's back on Monday and Bill's quotes look gas already. The teaser ad shows him saying "you guys couldn't sell ice cream on a hot day" in his thick Dublin accent, along with a few other nice digs.

Anyone else going to tune in on Monday at 9? I'm surprised there hasn't been more fanfare from TV3 about it as I thought it was a big hit for them last year - maybe I'm wrong.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

Lemlin wrote: »
    I'm surprised there hasn't been more fanfare from TV3 ...

I'm really surprised too. I had been expecting it around now and checked the TV3 website the other day (just now too) and there was (is) no mention of it!
    It must be so expensive to run it, you would think they would be hyping it with only 4 days to go. So many people won't watch it if they miss the first episode.
    If it is on Monday night at 9pm it'll be a great night's TV with Survivor Tocantins just after it on TG4. Yay:D!
    Of course there is then nothing worth watching for the rest of the week:(!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I saw one advertisement a week ago saying it was back soon but usually they'd be hyping it in the papers by now.

I doubt it's that expensive to run though as reality TV tends to be quite cheap and, when you think about it, all they'd really have to pay is the production team and maybe Bill and his two advisors.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Thought the same myself, when I saw the promo on TV3 the other night, I thought "oh this must be coming back in a couple of months and they're starting with the teasers already" but was very surprised to see it was starting next week! Really enjoyed the last series, looking forward to it again this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭nevey

I just noticed in the schedule that there will be a You're Fired show on afterwards with Brendan O'Connor! Happy days (except I'll have to record Survivor).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

i don't watch much of TV3 and I honestly would have missed it tomorrow night if i hadn't read the interview with Bill and Jackie in the Irish Mail on Sunday magazine today. It's on series link now, so panic over :p

I really enjoyed it last year, in general they were a smart bunch, and Joanna made a great villan! Looking forward to seeing it and also how quickly the "downturn in the economy" will be mentioned!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I missed it altogether last year, so I'm hoping it'll be good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭Corb

Last year's was alright but not as good as the British one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

Corb wrote: »
    Last year's was alright but not as good as the British one.

Not a patch on the british one.

I wonder is he looking for warriors this year or will any profession suffice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

The website has the contestants on it.

According to the Herald last week, Solicitor Gerald Keane & his partner Lisa Murphy will be on the You're Fired show...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,901 ✭✭✭deisedude

Is there anyway to watch it online if you are outside Ireland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

deisedude wrote: »
    Is there anyway to watch it online if you are outside Ireland?

TV3 have an iPlayer on their website but I'd say you have to be in Ireland to watch it. Try getting yourself an Irish proxy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

i don't watch much of TV3 and I honestly would have missed it tomorrow night if i hadn't read the interview with Bill and Jackie in the Irish Mail on Sunday magazine today. It's on series link now, so panic over :p

I really enjoyed it last year, in general they were a smart bunch, and Joanna made a great villan! Looking forward to seeing it and also how quickly the "downturn in the economy" will be mentioned!

Joanna is doing a column for The Sun on this year's series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

The new series has been heavily edited to remove all product placement.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Bill Cullen is back again tonight for the new show !! And someone will be.....fired!!! Good old bill he is great!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'm really looking forward to it. I was totally addicted to it last year. It was the 1st one I've watched and was surprised at how great it was. I so regret all the British ones I've missed. I loved it this year, Alan Sugar was deadly to watch. Has anyone seen the US one with Donald Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

Brendan O'Connor was on TodayFm' today saying Bill is very disappointed with this year's contestants that he feels that whoever held the auditions chose people for their entertainment value not for their professionalism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

Been counting down the days.. almost
    Love the show, especially since it's irish, the little phrases and things. Hope it's as good as last year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can't believe how little advertising there is for this, almost completely forgot about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭SunnyP

Love it, cant wait to see what the contestants are like this year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

SunnyP wrote: »
    Love it, cant wait to see what the contestants are like this year

There was some dirty girl pictured in the sunday world with nothing on!! She is the favourite to win!!

• Advertisement

I hate them already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭SunnyP

hate bill cullens accent!

no cute boys this year either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭P.C.

Bill, Jacky and Brian.

Jacky needs to lay of the botox. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Who's got the liathroidi?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭scheister

sell ice cream bit of a diff from apples and oranges last year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭joeperry

Jeez your man is on fire,and that blonde is cock eyed :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Aoiffe with two F's (like, WTF???) has scary stary eyes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭seven-iron

"you could say I fired myself?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 654 ✭✭✭mr_disc

It's so creepy the way Bill looks at them all when they both walk into the boardroom and when they walk out of the boardroom..... He has this really strange look on his face as he sizes them up ......

• Advertisement

Team Kilcullen? Did I hear that right?

:rolleyes:

Advertisement