Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Season 2 Week 1 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

OMG i love the new series much better than last year and i was a big huge follower of last years series...pity Tv3 dont repeat it twice like(also it clashes with how long will you live on rte1,which was also repeated last year and it does seem to be repeated this year) they did last year...because i missed a bit of it because i was making supper along with my o.h...em i like the fact it is a longer episode this year...also the aftershow is excellent,who knew Brendan O Connor was funny i actually think he is a bit two nice,a millico times nicer than he was on your a star...this year both shows are A1...also there is more than seven people in the you're fired studio,where is the your fired studio by the way?and is Irelands version of your fired any different than the BBC's.....also it might be my imagination but before Tv3 got the apprentice Brendan O Connor would.nt do a job for Tv3 or even step into Tv3's studio's...the apprentice among other programmes has made Tv3 way more popular than it was three or four years ago yano...also Tv3 gets better viewership figures for certain programmes such as for the xtra factor Tv3 gets more viewers than itv would in England,it goes by population and Tv3 is strong in the that aspect...Tv3 are proving to be a better station.....i'm actually going to be a stand-by in Tv3 studios in 2 months time...it's for a media studies course...i cant wait to do it.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

I havent seen as many muppets in the same room (including Bill, Jackie et al.) since Kermit hung up his boots.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

iguy wrote: »
    OMG i love the new series much better than last year and i was a big huge follower of last years series...pity Tv3 dont repeat it twice like(also it clashes with how long will you live on rte1,which was also repeated last year and it does seem to be repeated this year) they did last year...because i missed a bit of it because i was making supper along with my o.h...em i like the fact it is a longer episode this year...also the aftershow is excellent,who knew Brendan O Connor was funny i actually think he is a bit two nice,a millico times nicer than he was on your a star...this year both shows are A1...also there is more than seven people in the you're fired studio,where is the your fired studio by the way?and is Irelands version of your fired any different than the BBC's.....also it might be my imagination but before Tv3 got the apprentice Brendan O Connor would.nt do a job for Tv3 or even step into Tv3's studio's...the apprentice among other programmes has made Tv3 way more popular than it was three or four years ago yano...also Tv3 gets better viewership figures for certain programmes such as for the xtra factor Tv3 gets more viewers than itv would in England,it goes by population and Tv3 is strong in the that aspect...Tv3 are proving to be a better station.....i'm actually going to be a stand-by in Tv3 studios in 2 months time...it's for a media studies course...i cant wait to do it.....:)

Ease up on the TV3 loving there :cool:

When it comes down to it, there still sh1te. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

iguy you must work for TV3 cause that was the biggest load of sh**e i've ever seen.
    the show itself wasnt too bad but the after show, ffs it was brutal. the panel were actually embarrassed to be on it!!

Birdsong wrote: »
    Brendan O'Connor is no Adrian Chiles but I liked him but they will have to do something with the set - its like something in a parish hall, awful

I love the set it looks quirky it is a great design...Also like i said in my previous post where is the you're fired programme filmed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 554 ✭✭✭spongeman

Uk version is miles better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Crow71

Loved the show tonite. Looks like theres gonna be a lot of bitching dis year, cant wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭anotherlostie

Holsten wrote: »
    Just saw that Stephen the bodybuilder is from Tuam, Co. Galway!

Where the hell did he get that accent from?!

I know three people (all unrelated) from Tuam who speak like that. I call it the Tuam 4 accent.

nicklauski wrote: »
    Ease up on the TV3 loving there :cool:

When it comes down to it, there still sh1te. :D

OMG, why do so many people have Tv3?..It is an excellent station...yes they have many faults i'm not saying they dont,but they are improving vastly!when they started up they were not brilliant yano?but now their programming is greating better every day...I dont work for them because i'm on disability allowance...but i an aspiring to do a media/journalism course...i have a wide variety of friends and they are mainly young under 24(i'm 18 btw)but some i know are pensioners...someone told me a few months ago that many people watch rte instead of Tv3 because they have to say a license fee for rte and if they did not they wont be so biased...That is why rte so be privatised or whatever has to be done to take the license away and people would watch more stations.....simple as that.....

deadwood wrote: »
    Breathe, woman, BREATHE!

Eh what do you mean? Plus i'm a guy! Not a woman!..ha.....

• Advertisement

OMG, why do so many people have Tv3?.
    Because its a free to air t.v station!!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

"simple as that....."

lol

deadwood wrote: »
    That was taped too, I guess?

Looked like an empty bingo hall.

No you're fired is broadcast live but not from Tv3 studios... Because the studio standards are too good for Tv3 and I would be suprised if it was broadcast from a Tv3 studio!.. I do know it is directed by the same people that direct/produce midday,xpose and tonight with Vincent Browne...however all expenses are paid by meteor for that programme with Tv3 subdisiding some of the cost i think... Thats what i learnt through my media studies studying..... However feel free to correct me if anyone think i'm wrong.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭djmarkus

Jesus i never seen such a stupid shower all my time viewing the apprentice(IRL/UK/US)

Because its a free to air t.v station!!! :p

Haha funny not,thats irrelevent and if so it matches me and my friends point!... People need to change their mind set... By 2011 only 5% of their programmes will be repeated with all other repeats be special repeats only and on 3e... Thats if the DTV plan works out for them:). I hope it does.....

booooonzo wrote: »
    "simple as that....."

lol

Aye...like an auld would say when they disagree with someone...aye!aye!aye!

Haha funny not,thats irrelevent and if so it matches me and my friends point!... People need to change their mind set... By 2011 only 5% of their programmes will be repeated with all other repeats be special repeats only and on 3e... Thats if the DTV plan works out for them:). I hope it does.....

You'd be fairly fooked if you went for an interview with RTE wouldn't you. Your media course must be part funded by TV3 or something is it? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

I've had the ahem, "pleasure" of meeting Breffny in real life. I found him a bit of an irritating loud mouth. Can't see him lasting too long in this.

You'd be fairly fooked if you went for an interview with RTE wouldn't you. Your media course must be part funded by TV3 or something is it? :confused:

Nope i'm going to rte studios in 2 weeks time but i'm looking forward to Tv3 better because its not funded by a license.....nope my course is funded by me it was only €565.25c in Portlaoise college,much of the course is done at home anyway and its not because of me getting the disability it would still cost as above...i also get BTEA (back to education allowance) among other social welfare payments along with my girlfriend...Tv3 and rte among other tv networks,radio stations and other media outlets such as newspapers around Ireland and advertisements companys and all sort as media stuff and journalism stuff are just my work-placements,also the course is a full 18 months...they just have to feed me while i'm at the place of work experience and make sure i'm ok due to my disabilities.....oh and one last note the course i'm doing is tailor made for me and thats why it was twice as expensive as most courses in Portlaoise college...hope i explained it well enough,i am dyslexic...which makes the course a small bit harder for me.....

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kournikova

With regards the TV3 discussion I much prefer it to the stagnant RTÉ which is overrun with gaelgoirs by the looks of things, any bit of Irish and you have the job there.

I cannont stand that Brendan O'Connor is just so unbelievably annoying imo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

cringe-a-rific tv at best :D muppetry at its finest :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm glad that eejit Craig was the first to go. Your one with the megaphone is a headwrecker. If I had been in town that day and heard her going on like that, I would've punched her in the face... well I wouldn't have, but I would've wanted to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I just couldn't watch the "Your Fired" programme. I stuck about 5 mins of it before backing out and deleting it. It looks like it was recorded in pub. I can't stand that prick O'Connor either. It was a piss poor effort.

I shall only watch the main programme from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭nhughes100

Thought it was fairly poor allright, agree that they've gone for shock value contestents rather then people that could actually work well for Bill Cullen. You just know that Aoife one and the inner city one are going to have a serious row, lets face it, who wants to look at people selling stuff for 12 weeks?? It's the rows and the cringe stuff we watch it for.

As for Sam, I think she got a rush of blood to the head with the megaphone. She used to live around the corner from me and she is very much from Tallaght not Knocklyon as it says on her profile. Haven't seen her in about 13 years and had a fairly jaw dropping moment when she turned up on tv but please don't use the megaphone again pls Sam! In fairness I think she knew it was a bit of a dope moment when they turned up back in the boardroom. Hell there's enough teachers in this country who don't give a fk and just do the bare minimum so I'm all on for a bit of enthusiasm in that regard. Can't see her winning all the same but was nice to see her again.

What is it with the Jackie and that other lad Purcell, why do they have to stand around looking like members of the secret service, they're only selling fkn icecream. Jackie, lay off the plastic surgery and try growing old gracefully. I'm sure your man's comment about 2 women cost Bill a few quid, them eyebrows will need to be reseated and stretched to get them back in position.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

Thought the "You're Fired" show was like "Louis' Limericks" in Xtra Factor where they have the same (one) old guy as the audience week after week and similar dolled-up village hall feel and empty-echoey sound in the studio! :D

The comments on people's physical appearance by Brendan O'Connor and Gerald Keane were well below the belt, I thought, and the irony of it, as neither of them are exactly male models now, are they?? (Unless they're looking for models for the latest line of Orc Clothing. :D See, how easy and cheap it is to make cracks at people's appearance!! :rolleyes:)

Thought the main show was quite good tho' where did they get the guys from this year, so far, only one (English guy) that seems to have any cop-on whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Unless someone else good comes forward, I think Steve Rayne has it tied up. He looked very strong. The inner city girl, the teacher and the Harvard graduate are all wrecking my head already.

There was another blonde girl who looked rather rough too - was it decided that last year's contestants were too professional so they've gone for some rough and ready types this year?

As for the You're Fired Show, I'll be glad to see Brendan rip into them because the majority of them are idiots. That Craig fella put himself forward for Project Manager and obviously wasn't able for it. Why didn't he just stand up and tell them all to shut it!? That's what was needed. Even if they wouldn't shut it, all he had to do was take all the HB material away and stand in front of them until they agreed to shut it.

Anyone who calls themselves a "retail executive" or whatever he did when he's a corn flakes salesman deserves to annihilated on air.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

As said before the 'You're fired' part was extremely amateur even the sound was off. It was like they were in a pub, BOC ripping the piss out of the young fella and everybody else, not letting anyone finish a sentence before he gets his next line in, compared with the BBC where they rip the piss but in a lot more professional and subtle way making for entertaining TV. I'm all for non pc tv but BOC is just an eejit and a bully.

In fairness I thought Craig came back at him in the end and held his own, but as a contestant in a reality tv show I actually felt sorry for him which is a first, now if only our politicians like O'Donoghue, Cowan etc were subject to the same abuse, maybe there is room for O'Connor on TV after all 'Ceann Comhaile You Should Be Fired'

BTW I thought the biggest tools were the teacher and the Harvard graduate with the Baseball Cap turned round the wrong way, shorts and sandals shudder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SuperBelly

It takes eight women 10 hours to make a profit of e415 selling ice creams.That's an average of 50 odd yo-yo's or 5 euro an hour just over half the minimum wage. And we haven't deducted the overhead costs of 2 meganes, t-shirts megaphones etc. And the reward? A 7 course dinner in a Michelin star restaurant. No wonder the country's ****ed.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

Between Cu Chulainn and Setanta, I thought it was a show about Irish mythology. I wasn't going to watch it this year, but I know one of the girls. Seemed to be some sort of a balls up by TV3 on the Sky+ option for the two shows one after the other.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

SuperBelly wrote: »
    It takes eight women 10 hours to make a profit of e415 selling ice creams.That's an average of 50 odd yo-yo's or 5 euro an hour just over half the minimum wage. And we haven't deducted the overhead costs of 2 meganes, t-shirts megaphones etc. And the reward? A 7 course dinner in a Michelin star restaurant. No wonder the country's ****ed.......

Ah yes, but HB have some free jingles for their new Choo Choo Choc Ice they are launching in Spring 2010 :D

Advertisement