Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apprentice (IRL) - Season 2 Week 1 Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Between Cu Chulainn and Setanta, I thought it was a show about Irish mythology.

I thought it was "Team Cu Cullen" and "Team Platinum". Did I pick that up wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭iseegirls

iguy wrote: »
    By 2011 only 5% of their programmes will be repeated with all other repeats be special repeats only and on 3e... Thats if the DTV plan works out for them:). I hope it does.....

Where does that information come from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

There is a lad on Cu Chulainn named Setanta (another called Breffni, both must have hurt their mother's badly on the way out to be given those monikers). The girl's team was called Platinum alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I've had the ahem, "pleasure" of meeting Breffny in real life. I found him a bit of an irritating loud mouth. Can't see him lasting too long in this.

haha you know him as well? Hardly from the rowing is it? :p

Ah hes not the worst of them but yeah agreed hes v loud alright! I've heard some funny stories about him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

I can't belive what a bunch of muppets they all are. Surely they cannot be the cream of over 2000 applicants ?? :confused:

So far, the only ones that stand out to me are the red head fella who seems a total nob! And the fella with the sleepy eyes who keeps blinking with the dimple in his chin. Did he even say anything? But that chin dimple... fascinating.

Craig who got fired, seemed alright, but who cares, he's gone now. I think Donal should have gone he seems like a right contrary b0llox.

As for the women, i liked Geraldine when she said Daddy can't buy you cop on in Trinity college. Rofl.. and then she corrected the blonde cross eyed lady that it was her idea to phone the shops for ice cream prices. :D

The rest of the women seem alright so far, except for that school teach Sam, what a total wreck-the-head. Does she think she is still in school teaching kids sing along songs?

Looking forward to next week :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Squiggle

Saw enough of it for me not to want to watch it again. I wouldn't want any of those contestants working with me - one of the qualifying criteria for entry must be an IQ less than 80. Also had enough of " I'm lukin fer warriors " Cullen and that Jackie Lavin one looks like she'd melt in the heat - awful shíte the lot of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭Oliver1985

Anyone see your ones Aoiffes pictures in the news of the world!! Off your facebook hardley nothing on!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Oliver1985 wrote: »
    Anyone see your ones Aoiffes pictures in the news of the world!! Off your facebook hardley nothing on!!!:eek:

Link or GTFO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

There are an awful bunch of douche bags.

Link or GTFO!

Will try find the link now!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Is Aoiffe the one that looks like a blonde startled bunny :D ?

Anyone see a tabloid newspaper today ? Full of gossip about a sex scandal in the house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Eoineo

Ah I was wondering what Brian Purcell was hinting at this morning on Ireland AM..... The "sex scandal" in the house clears that up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

First time poster long time viewer,if that sounds right or maybe long time nosey looker!

Anyway last nights show great tv and so much to take in cant think of it all!
    Firstly yes bunch of muppets but no doubt chosen cos they will make great tv.
    Of the girls definitely school teacher is missing a few screws,scary eyes girl reminds of a cartoon character(cant put my finger on it if anyone can help).Others seems normal enough but wait til the pressure comes on.Like the way inner city girl told scary eyes off in the boardroom!
    The guys r v.interesting! Setanta looks like he'd way rather be somewhere else!Donal wasnt far behind until he got into the boardroom,he TAUGHT HIMSELF how to hold ice-creams above his head!didnt even need his pm to show him how!Breffny will b a major pain in d ass n as for the buff ginger wonder how much his wedding clients pay to get themselves looking like him!!!!!

Anyone else notice Bill get a bit 'itchy' around 47 mins(by my sky plus)into the show?
    Craig remind anyone else of a young Eddie O'Sullivan?Even had a few eddieisms come out of him!
    If i had to pick a winner Steve Raynor is head n shoulders above the boys but did i detect a bit of attitude from Bill when this englishmen tried to tell Bill he knew more about his city than him!PM on the womans team will do well as will Maria.

Apprentice you're fired was never gonna be as good as English version thought it had some plus and minus's but wouldn't be as hard on BOC as others have been i must admit i do laugh at some of his sly slimy comments!

Roll on next week!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭rsta

Oh yeah, she does look a bit cartoony. This one sprang to my mind immediately:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

calex71 wrote: »
    Is Aoiffe the one that looks like a blonde startled bunny :D ?

Anyone see a tabloid newspaper today ? Full of gossip about a sex scandal in the house :)

What paper is it in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 107 ✭✭Emmmooo

I think it was a cartoon character out of 1 of those Disney pixar films not puss n boots out of shrek but a furry looking freaky creature!I think it even had that(how do i say this nicely!)cross eyed look?

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭crapmanjoe

Link or GTFO!

This is 100% true cause im friends with her on facebook and she asked everyone to take down any photos of her because she didnt want any more photos getting out to the sunday papers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Lemlin wrote: »
    What paper is it in?

the mirror

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

Anyone know when the repeat is on, missed it last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Her twitter pic is pretty tasty :D
    No I dont have a link, google like I did :D

• Advertisement

nicklauski wrote: »
    Her twitter pic is pretty tasty :D
    No I dont have a link, google like I did :D

What's her full name to google it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭gdael

Can you watch the full program on TV3 website?

I cant find it without seeing who was fired.

Can some post a link? Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭gdael

Got it

http://www.tv3.ie/videos.php?video=13924&locID=1.65.131&page=1

But there in my face on the website was the person who got fired.

And when you are watching the video their face is right underneath it.

Well done TV3. Obviously you want us to know the person fired as we watch the video on the website

Cant find the paper she was in!!!:(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Cringer wrote: »
    lol her computer was on...
    And they gave her pencils !! No budget cuts there !

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

fricatus wrote: »
    Yeah, it always sounds empty there in whatever studio they're in, just like Vincent Browne's show or You're A Star.

Its done in The Wright Venue .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 923 ✭✭✭VERYinterested

I don't see Fishlips Lavan recoiling in horror when Cullen refers to her as his 'right hand man' the way she did when Col Blinky said that two guys were arguing like a pair of auld women!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

Lemlin wrote: »
    What's her full name to google it?

Aoiffe Madden.
    Yes Aoife with two f's. For f sake :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭Darragh

I'm pimping a bit folks but I was at the launch of this show yesterday in Dublin and got to interview Brian Purcell, Nicky O'Callaghan and Conor Carmody from Meteor and to watch the show over lunchtime.

Interview is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuJI-2zfTnw

:)

• Advertisement

nicklauski wrote: »
    Aoiffe Madden.
    Yes Aoife with two f's. For f sake :rolleyes:

Pics aren't showing up here in work. Her eyes looked freaky to me tbh so can't see her being hot.

Advertisement