Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Submissions

Comments

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Also: forty-four of the "definites" have yet to submit photos. Deadline looming, folks!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

oscarBravo wrote: »
    We're rolling... 30 submissions received so far. This is starting to look like a book.

Got my proof back earlier, thanks.
    Have to say it looks absolutely brilliant seeing the pic as it will look in the book, with the title, description, names etc. Can't wait now to see the final result (if I make it from the reserves :eek:).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭rameire

might it be an idea to pm all the people to give them a nudge

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭NORTH1

Got my proof back earlier, thanks.
    Have to say it looks absolutely brilliant seeing the pic as it will look in the book, with the title, description, names etc. Can't wait now to see the final result (if I make it from the reserves :eek:).

I agree with pullandbang the proofs look amazing! Great work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

rameire wrote: »
    might it be an idea to pm all the people to give them a nudge

It shouldn't be up to anyone to give them a nudge. Everyone is aware of the time line involved.

The book is currently at the 36-page mark. Quite a way to go to the 120-page limit...

Keep them coming, folks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

im going to submit mine today.tis sooo hard trying to choose! I suddenly realise im not happy with a lot of shots!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

I should be pulling the finger out tonight or early tomorrow.. I have a picture in mind, just have to size it down.. also, to figure out the blurb thing, I'm worried about it being too dark :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 609 ✭✭✭duffarama

Where is the list of those who can submit? I put my name forward but had missed the initial boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭ThOnda

Oh, it is already time to submit a picture? I will try to find something on my HDD fill one pages...
    If you have any preferences, feel free to PM me your opinions.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Gah, was pretty much set until I did two prints of the same picture from two different printers and it came out completely different. A bit flustered now.

Rb wrote: »
    Gah, was pretty much set until I did two prints of the same picture from two different printers and it came out completely different. A bit flustered now.
    I feel your pain.. I was ready to roll til my husband pointed out flaws in the picture :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

I was ready to roll til my husband pointed out flaws in the picture frown.gif
    LOL...........(in a sympathetic way!)

Solution: kill husband, submit pic, happy days :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Phew, photo finally submitted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

fuhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... sent mine too... thought I could hold to last minute tomorrow but not taking the chance to miss the dateline... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

Just submitted mine, hope I did everything right, I must say I found it a little confusing trying to follow various guidelines and instructions from a lot of different posts on different threads. I know these are (hopefully) all linked from the BPB Update Thread, but I think it might be a good idea to have one post on that thread that contained everything relevant to submission in one post that is kept up to date.

edit: I would be happy to make a draft of this post if the people involved think it's a good idea but don't have time themselves.

LOL...........(in a sympathetic way!)

Solution: kill husband, submit pic, happy days :p

I have decided to ignore him on this as I do on all other matters :pac:

Ok, I have the picture, I'm ready to roll, what do I do, export using the blurb colour profile to jpg? And if I'm reading correctly, the standard Canon dimensions will be ok with no cropping? Sorry, I'm crap at this sort of thing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

completely missed all discussion of this years book,i'd love to submit an image,but it will take me a few days to get sorted,if someone could please pm me and let me know if any space is available etc,also if you need any posters etc,i'd be more than happy to bang something together for it !

Submitted, for better or for worse :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Submitted!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Submitted too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

just submitted mine... always last minute, me....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,071 ✭✭✭dakar

After staring at two prints for a week trying to make a decision between them, Ive finally bitten the bullet.

Submitted:D

Oh, this is so not the last minute yet. :D

Thanks for all the excellent submissions so far, folks. With less than 20 hours to go, I have a 52-page book. We're only about half-way to the size of last year's book - keep submitting!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

So are we shaping up to have last minute entries who weren't listed?

• Advertisement

We'll see how it looks after the deadline (less than five hours!!), but I'd like to see the book at the 120-page limit, so I'm going to say this:

If you would like to be in the book, but you're not on any lists - or even if you are but have missed the deadline - read over the guidelines, choose a photo, get together all the required information, size/crop the image to suit, and stand by for further instructions. I don't think we're going to reach the limit tonight, and I can see us opening up the remaining pages on a first-come, first-served basis.

If you're not on a list, please don't mail me yet - I have enough to do, ta.

Four hours to go, and we've hit the 58-page mark. Gonna go watch some TV...

DOH! I've submitted mine, but the page layout is WHITE :-o Well, back to drawing board...

ThOnda wrote: »
    DOH! I've submitted mine, but the page layout is WHITE :-o Well, back to drawing board...
    :confused: I thought your photo looked good on the white layout. Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

Can someone tell me the details of file size etc, dimensions etc

Edit: Got it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

Submitted!

oscarBravo wrote: »
    :confused: I thought your photo looked good on the white layout. Ah well.

It looks good, but the frame that is part of the picture depends on the background. Not having any visual taste, I am picky about presentation of my pictures :D

Thanks for all the work put into the book, I have a fairly idea how much I should appreciate that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭car

Finally Submitted, Reminds me back in college leaving everything to the last minute, I will never changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Submitted now. I didn't include my surname for security reasons (as I put the username in).

Still questioning whether I made the right choice though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 762 ✭✭✭Buzz Lightyear

Submitted :D

I hope this works out ok and that it's not too dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Edser

Submitted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Submitted yesterday but have not received confirmation, should I have? (Reserve list)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Submitted :D

I hope this works out ok and that it's not too dark.

I recommend the purchase of a good flash light just in case?????? :/

:o

(I know, Don't give up the day job eh?)

bravo wrote: »
    Submitted yesterday but have not received confirmation, should I have? (Reserve list)
    Confirmation mail bounced. I'll PM it to you. Short version: you're in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 842 ✭✭✭daycent

Hi Oscarbravo,

I realise you are up the walls but I was just wondering; will you be putting up a list of everyone who submitted succesfully?

I submitted a few days ago and just want to be sure you got it.

Thanks for all your work!

• Advertisement

I didn't get a submission from you, daycent. Can you send again now? I'll acknowledge as soon as I get it.

Feck! Resent there now, thanks!

Nope, still haven't got it. Can you send from a different email address? Others have had to do that.

Yes, just sent there now from Hotmail. Third time lucky!?

Bah, found it in the spam folder. Sorry about that - I'll get the proof back to you shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

So what's the current count as it stands this evening?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

aww i had no idea of this book yoke. Doesn't matter anyway, don't think i've any photo up to scratch!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

could i be put on a reserve list pretty please ??

Rodg3 wrote: »
    So what's the current count as it stands this evening?
    62.5 photos currently in place (still working on quality control for one submission).
    could i be put on a reserve list pretty please ??
    If you have a photo ready to go, keep an eye on this forum Thursday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Submitted, apologies for being so late.

Advertisement