Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

[BPB] Submissions

123457»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Just found out about this book and after having a 17 page thread read to get up to date!

I'd like to think I'm a regular here, on here every day anyway but didn't make any of those lists (came from some other thread from somewhere I know). So if you're short some photos I'd love to submit something. I'll PM mele to get on this third list!..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Watch for updates. There may be a small window of opportunity from Thursday (tomorrow) to Friday in which people that weren't included can be on the list. So i'd suggest have your selection and sizing of an image done for the situation where it might be possible to submit. We won't know until the end of today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,272 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Image submitted - sorry it's so close to the deadline!

Hope the quality is okay, don't want to be the worst image in the book!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Sleepy wrote: »
    Image submitted - sorry it's so close to the deadline!

Hope the quality is okay, don't want to be the worst image in the book!

Don't worry, I'll be in it too, you should be ok ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Ohh, only just found this thread! Submitted too... a few days ago :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

8 spaces left. first eight to reply to this thread and send images... CORRECTLY SIZED AND TAGGED to email addy will be accepted.

sorry to people who did not make it in., but you had plenty of time

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭moralproduction

i'm in,will get cracking on sizing it now

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Just to mentio: I've a busy work day ahead tomorrow, so please don't panic if you haven't received proofs before evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

8 spaces left. first eight to reply to this thread and send images... CORRECTLY SIZED AND TAGGED to email addy will be accepted.

Sorry, is that first eight to reply in this thread? Or first eight to actually send the image?

Count me in anyhow. Image should be with ya in 5-10 mins.

First eight images correctly submitted - no point posting here and then not sending a photo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

sending now

hi oscar just sent mine,would appreciate if you can let me know if you got it,and all is ok,many thanks

if not tonight in the morning,i know its late

Excellent, got my confirmation email :)

Thanks for the chance :)

got confirmation,thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Hearvee

Got my confirmation too. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭rahtkennades

Me me me me me me!!!

OscarBravo, you should have my submission, ta!

Yay (hopefully)

des

Yeah, you're in, Des.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Bo Malicious

Ive sent mine off now but not received any confirmation?

(is implied nudity ok?! Couldnt see anything in the stickies or earlier in the various threads)

thanks to the various people for organising this - great idea and i imagine a significant work load. Well done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭gary82

Just made it in on time! Phew!

lift-door-closing-in-222x300.jpg

I had a preview of last years book online then after - if I'd seen that I may not have entered... very high standard!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭RoryW

Havent been around lately so looks like I have missed this for this year. Look forward to seeing all the entries when the book is published

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

RoryW wrote: »
    Havent been around lately so looks like I have missed this for this year. Look forward to seeing all the entries when the book is published

get something in asap and maybe not...

I could do with one more landscape-oriented photo to complete the layout. First to submit a suitable-formatted photo with all the relevant details gets the last slot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭Covey

Did you get mine by any chance?

Yup - congrats, the book is now closed.

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Yup - congrats, the book is now closed.

Thanks for doing all of this, we all appreciate the work you've done!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

+1

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭pullandbang

Well done OB - you're a legend in your own lifetime:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Thanks a lot for the hard work! :)

OB is working his bum off

kudos

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

I'll echo the others.. Thanks a mil!

Excellent work :) Thanks a mil!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,046 ✭✭✭democrates

Great. I was waiting for a pm announcing that submissions were open (don't ask me why since I don't recall seeing that mentioned anywhere) so now I've missed out, you snooze you lose!

Anyway well done to all doing the time-consuming work, can't wait to see vol II. :)

When do we get a look at this years album? Not trying to rush you guys! I know you've done masses amount of work on this which we all appreciate. Just a tad excited and looking forward to getting a look at it!

very soon

<drum roll>

just finalising cover colur and link url

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Great work Mele & OB, psyched about seeing the whole lot in print.

• Advertisement

I'm like a little kid at christmas waiting for the first viewing of this :D

Is it ready yet! Is it ready yet! Is it ready yet! Is it ready yet!

:pac:

*throws cold water on self*

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

Last year there was only the designers who saw the complete book before copies arrived. There will, of course, be a ten page preview on Blurb when it's added to the Shop.

CabanSail wrote: »
    Last year there was only the designers who saw the complete book before copies arrived. There will, of course, be a ten page preview on Blurb when it's added to the Shop.

Ahh, I see. I thought we were going to get a look at it here before it went online. I'm really looking forward to it now. A lot of really good effort by the guys was put into this.

Last year, it felt like blurb took aaaaaages to deliver, and I wasn't even in it.. This year will be hell :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 772 ✭✭✭floydmoon1

I replied back to you over a month ago saying I will submit a photo and never got a reply from you melekalikimaka.
    What happened.
    Can I not submit now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭fluffyVW

I completely completely forgot about it and haven't been on boards in ages... damn...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 9,047 CMod ✭✭✭✭CabanSail

floydmoon1 wrote: »
    I replied back to you over a month ago saying I will submit a photo and never got a reply from you melekalikimaka.
    What happened.
    Can I not submit now.

fluffyVW wrote: »
    I completely completely forgot about it and haven't been on boards in ages... damn...

The book has now been finalised & published. There is always next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭fluffyVW

CabanSail wrote: »
    The book has now been finalised & published. There is always next year.

And it looks awesome :D
    Ah sure it was my own fault for forgetting about it and not checking all the updates!!! :rolleyes: Lol!!! I'll get in there next year :P:D

Advertisement