Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cisco EPC2425 (weak wifi signal)

Options
  • 21-09-2009 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

so basically what I have is UPC Cisco EPC2425 router in the opposite part of the apartment.
    I'm getting 1-2 bars from it and wonder if it's possible to get all 5.

what would be the easiest way to do this?

I also have a Zyxel P-660HW-T1v2 router over here which may be connected to my PC via LAN. would that be any use if I turn it into bridge and connect to wifi through it?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,427 ✭✭✭Big Lar

I have one of these baby's, Made it up from a cornflakes box and tin foil. I know what your thinking - But it does work...........
    IMG_0073.jpg
    I could not get a wifi signal in the office at the back of the house , Installed this and now I have two bars.
    Bit of make and do for ya, And its cheap

You will find printable template here http://www.freeantennas.com/projects/template2/default.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

spektr wrote: »
    so basically what I have is UPC Cisco EPC2425 router in the opposite part of the apartment.
    I'm getting 1-2 bars from it and wonder if it's possible to get all 5.

what would be the easiest way to do this?

I also have a Zyxel P-660HW-T1v2 router over here which may be connected to my PC via LAN. would that be any use if I turn it into bridge and connect to wifi through it?

thanks!

First off how big is your apartment-for the signal not to extend that far there must be some metal/water/wall blocking the signal...

Secondly i have that same zyxel model-i have it not in bridging mode but in routing mode-you should be able to set up a wireless AP this way-also if the signal cant reach the other end of your apartment then i suggest you put the signal intensity to maximum settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 spektr

thanks for the cornflakes thing, I'll try it first.
    mehmeh12 wrote: »
    First off how big is your apartment-for the signal not to extend that far there must be some metal/water/wall blocking the signal...

Secondly i have that same zyxel model-i have it not in bridging mode but in routing mode-you should be able to set up a wireless AP this way-also if the signal cant reach the other end of your apartment then i suggest you put the signal intensity to maximum settings.

I won't be able to move either walls or the router itself anyway.

exactly, I was thinking about setting up zyxel as an access point but I read that in this case the speed will be decreased up to 50%?

there are no signal intensity settings in Cisco or I didn't find them.
    I guess the only option left for me is to get some kind of antenna or a better wireless router and hook it up to Cisco locally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭mehmeh12

spektr wrote: »

thanks!

My bad..I have the zyxel model up above-can you use this model instead of the cisco model-this zyxel does have wireless.

Advertisement