Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Expanding foam residue

Options
  • 21-09-2009 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭

Filled a gap between window and reveal other day and some residue was left on window once I cut away excess after it dried. I dont want to use a scraper as I might scratch coating on window, is there a type of liquid I can use like maybe acetone to remove it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

On the glass? I used white spirit. although mine was not that bad

http://www.howtocleananything.com/tipdetails.asp?tid=965

I used to import this stuff and the official line is there is no way to remove it. Sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭PeteHeat

Hi,

You can buy acetone usually used to clean the professional guns for applying foam, spray some on a clean rag to try a test area I'm not sure if it will react with PVC or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭mad m

Not on the glass but on the frame, the frame is alu with a powder coating finish I think....

Anyway will give the acetone a try as I have a little bit in work....

Thanks....

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ronboy

If the foam has gone hard the acetone wont remove it. If it's on the frame get a stanley blade and cut it away dont scrape it as you will scratch the finish.
    Keep the blade as flat as you can and apply light pressure getting the blade between the foam and the frame and take your time.
    Hope this makes sence to you
    Ron

Advertisement