Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

postman broke my item? will paypal refund me ?

Options
  • 21-09-2009 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

i ordered a replacement keyboard for my laptop on ebay. paid with paypal

the idiot postman squeezed into a postbox that was too small and bent it and broke it

what do i do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭akamossie

paypal have nothing to do with your item, you need to contact the website that bought it off and claim that you received it broken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

It could have broken at any point along the way, not just going through the letter box. If that was the case, then the seller inadequately packed it, and you need to claim from them. No need to involve Paypal unless the seller ignores you.

Note, Paypal will expect you to pay for return postage, by registered post, or else they will not do anything for you, and won't require the seller to do anything either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Never done but can you not claim also from Anpost?

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

nava wrote: »

I'd assume you'd need actual proof they broke it though would you not?

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭super_metroid

the keyboard will not physically fit into the postbox

the postman had to beat it into it and snap it, to get it to fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Good luck getting anything other than ignored from An Post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

the keyboard will not physically fit into the postbox

the postman had to beat it into it and snap it, to get it to fit

You don't know that it wasn't broken before it arrived at your house though, and an already broken keyboard would have fit through if the envelope folded over. Either way, it shows that it wasn't properly packed, as it should have been able to be broken in the first place.

The recipient can't make any claim against An Post, only the sender can initiate a claim, as they were the ones that paid for it, and they can only claim if it was sent registered and insured.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭super_metroid

surely anpost are a company of great decency and integrity and will took everything possible to help

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

surely anpost are a company of great decency and integrity and will took everything possible to help
    Sarcasm detector just exploded!!!:eek:

=-=

OP, get onto the sender, and say that you recieved it broken. They'll then send out another one, and you can send your broken one back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

nava wrote: »

Only the sender can make any sort of claim, since the sender paid the postage.

Get back on to the shop/person you bought the item from, and state that it was broken when you received it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement