Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another story regarding an upstanding public "servant"

Options
  • 21-09-2009 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Well you have to laugh. Ivor Calley and his yacht. You can listen to the story recounted here, click the 4.30-5.00 pm slot and ff to 13.00.

Yacht, a Baltimore holliday home and a companion. How the other half live eh?

Story was in the Mail on Sunday yesterday.

Oh yeah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Mena

I don't get it...? So he has a yacht and a holiday home... so what?

Note, the above may make me look like an ass as I've not listed to the audio :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭NewDubliner

Mena wrote: »
    I don't get it...? So he has a yacht and a holiday home... so what?
    And he's a member of FF and was appointed a senator, having failed to hold his Dáil seat & embarrased his party with a 'pick me up' controversary.
    "I am very much aware of the difficulties that people face in the current economic and financial climate."
    Yeah right.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

mike65 wrote: »
    Well you have to laugh. Ivor Calley and his yacht. You can listen to the story recounted here, click the 4.30-5.00 pm slot and ff to 13.00.

Yacht, a Baltimore holliday home and a companion. How the other half live eh?

Story was in the Mail on Sunday yesterday.

Oh yeah

Politician anywhere in corruption shocker.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,319 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

guys leave him alone. its hard work mismanaging a whole country. the stress is killer. he needs a bit of Ivor Time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Heard this yesterday, almost beggars belief then it dawns on you hes a politician and it all becomes rather predictable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

A FF politician playing fast and loose with someone else's possessions, what else is new?

Advertisement