Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help: Calculating GPA please

Options
  • 21-09-2009 8:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭

So I have to repeat one subject and because of this SIS isnt showing my term GPA for my 3rd year.

Anyway, I have my GPA from second year, and the majority of my results from 3rd year, I will use a B as my incomplete subject.

So for all intents and purposes I have all my results, how do I calculate my GPA given its a 30/70 split?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

GPA (2nd yr) x .30

GPa (3rd yr) x .70

Add the two together

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭CoachBoone

lol, I feel stupid now. I figured that much though.

How I do get my GPA for 3rd year though? I have 2 ten credit modules, the rest are 5 credit modules.

Easiest way is just add all modules together like you had 12 modules - however, for the 10 credit ones, add the grade/GPA twice

Cheers Jev/N but I think I must be phrasing my question wrong.

Add all my invidual grade points together and then...? I will end up with some number like 40+? Whereas my 2nd Sem GPA is 3.23 or something?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,010 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Have a look at the following doc: http://www.ucd.ie/registry/assessment/student_info/modulargradesexplained.pdf

Basically, each result you get has a Grade Point value attached to it, so just take the Average of those:

Grade|GP Value
    A+ |4.2
    A |4.0
    A- |3.8
    B+ |3.6
    B |3.4
    B- |3.2
    C+ |3.0
    C |2.8
    C- |2.6
    D+ |2.4
    D |2.2
    D- |2.0
    E |1.6
    F |1.0
    G |0.4
    NG |0.0
    I just tried it on my marks from last semester, and it matches what SIS reports.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

• Advertisement

Yeah cheers. I got it. It really wasnt that hard...

:o

Jev/N wrote: »
    Easiest way is just add all modules together like you had 12 modules - however, for the 10 credit ones, add the grade/GPA twice

Meant to say divide by 12

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Dostoevsky

It was all so much simpler in the old days. Feckin' Yanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭TelePaul

If you repeat is your GPA not capped at 2.0? You doing Commerce btw?

Advertisement