Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

lee enfield wanted

Options
  • 21-09-2009 8:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

looking for a lee enfield can any one help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

I don't think you can get an airsoft Lee Enfield, I haven't seen one, it's something I'm interested in myself though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 J4MMY

i saw one in a magazine but it was an english one

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

airsoft lee enfields are extremely rare and i do not know of one in the uk, there are two options for the enfield, you have ones based on the vsr/bar 10 from a small workshop but they seem to be a little bit of a rogue outfit

your best bet is a company called shot and scoot in the uk, they use parts form the real lee enfield but your looking at close to 500euros for one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭Flecktarn

A few Lee Enfields here but as Puding said they are €500>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 J4MMY

holy crap!!!!!!!!!!! thats alot of mula

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Some very nice looking stuff on that website :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

I hear the chinese will be making a bunch of WW2 rifles soon, so keep an eye out for those

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

There WILL be a number 3 or number 4 enfield coming soon... my man in the Kong has been looking under doors again...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

Ah the ol .303 (elephant gun) one of my all time favourites in real steel
    Wouldn't mind getting my paws one
    Who is making the airsoft version?

well for a measly 400 stirlng Shoot and Scoot make that one you linked...

The chinese one is very hush hush.

• Advertisement

Firekitten wrote: »
    well for a measly 400 stirlng Shoot and Scoot make that one you linked...

The chinese one is very hush hush.

400 sterling for something that'll probably give all sorts of trouble!
    I'd rather pay €500-600 for a chinese one that works.

Not really.. the shoot and scoot is actually quite nice... based on aps2 internals.

and the chinese wont even be a fraction of the cost of the s&s

€200e max most likely

I've had shoot n scoot stuff before & I'd still prefer a lot of the chinese stuff (food included) they know what they're doing.

Just because the price is higher doesn't mean the quality is.

Wow... First time i heard that! And finally imo.

Ah you're young yet you'll probably hear loads more that you've never heard before :)

Anyway back on topic, anyone any idea when a new asian version is coming out?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

It's been mentioned on arnies quite a bit, i'd imagine it's not too far off though, hopefully there won't be any kar98k style shell loading sillyness

The_Joker wrote: »
    Ah you're young yet you'll probably hear loads more that you've never heard before :)

Anyway back on topic, anyone any idea when a new asian version is coming out?
    I still remember the 'bad old days' when cyma spelt crap, and chinese guns were looked on with scorn... *feels old*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

another option would be to get a repro lee enfield and put a a airsoft sniper rilfe into the body,,,,,,,,,,,,,, just a thought! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Mr. Slick with his sunglasses here, have you done that?

Would be pretty cool if you have.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

There was a load of model guns for sale at the Salute show and im pretty sure i saw a Lee Enfield. You could shoe horn an M14 gearbox or something in there. Maybe even one of those Gas bolt conversions for the L96/VSR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

Masada wrote: »
    There was a load of model guns for sale at the Salute show and im pretty sure i saw a Lee Enfield. You could shoe horn an M14 gearbox or something in there. Maybe even one of those Gas bolt conversions for the L96/VSR.

Full auto lee enfield?

Burn the heretic!

lol., i never said anything about full auto, justadding a gearbox., :D

no room for an m14 gearbox really... and the gas bolts wouldnt work, unless you heavily modified a vsr reciver (L96 just isnt practical), the shapes are all wrong really, it would be a hefty project best done on a deact for sturdyness... however then you hit legal grey areas of reactivation (making it fire something again)... Those models were nasty... the enfield was balsawood!

Id get an M14 gearbox into that no problem,.
    It would take some minor shaping of the inside receiver but it has the space there., the model gun comes with a RS magazine and there would be very little work involved in sticking a mag inside the RS one with some epoxy or thermal plastic.

The model is also a rock solid peice, comparable with the real thing and a lot sturdier than your average airsoft gun.

Going the bar 10 route would be my preference amd would be easier since the bolt carrier is similar diameter to that of the spring assembly of the bar10. there would need to be a trigger group from the bar 10 installed in there too but thats pretty easy. the only thing that could be a problem is lining up the trigger with the guns existing one. this could be dont similarly to the way they've done the M99 Barrett though. :)

Masada wrote: »
    Id get an M14 gearbox into that no problem,.
    It would take some minor shaping of the inside receiver but it has the space there., the model gun comes with a RS magazine and there would be very little work involved in sticking a mag inside the RS one with some epoxy or thermal plastic.

The model is also a rock solid peice, comparable with the real thing and a lot sturdier than your average airsoft gun.

Going the bar 10 route would be my preference amd would be easier since the bolt carrier is similar diameter to that of the spring assembly of the bar10. there would need to be a trigger group from the bar 10 installed in there too but thats pretty easy. the only thing that could be a problem is lining up the trigger with the guns existing one. this could be dont similarly to the way they've done the M99 Barrett though. :)
    However with the enfield, you dont have the space to have a second trigger essentially.. and its needed where it is due to the reciver, THOUGH, you can probably cut the trigger down, and attach a small bar to the stub, but id worry about its integrity....

As for the m14 box... I remain skeptical, you could fit one, but it wouldnt look like an enfield, Also, the magazine isnt meant to come off... and wouldnt be far enough forwards for it... the vsr method would be best, though its entirely irelevant for it as its coming out soon...

And a m14 gearbox is heretical in a BOLT ACTION weapon.

As I said, the Barrett M99 method could be used for the trigger group. Very simple concept. I could build that in my shed in an hour,.:)

Like I said... There's no point now... work on that concept for something that's not due out soon :)

There's been no confirmation of a Chinese one, like a lot of other airsoft rumours it may never materialize., If it was my kinda gun I'd get a model gun and convert it.,

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

AFAIK it was Doc or Lemming that has posted such a statement in the newcomers section several times. DE UMP = 89, CA 36 = ~300(I think). UMP wins hands down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

Mr. Slick with his sunglasses here, have you done that?

Would be pretty cool if you have.

have started a project,,,,, making an airsoft version of the RS sniper rifle i had at salute!

my auld lad sells the replica lee-enfields among other things at the moment iv one its a no.1,,,,,,,,, they are fairly solid!

Advertisement