Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMA cork?

Options
  • 21-09-2009 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Is there any MMA training in cork city?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 BonafideBadass6

aparently theres a club in blackpool, but I heard theres very few people going.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Francis Galvin

Not strictly an mma club but there is a very good bjj club in the city run by liam beechinor. he fought in the mma league before so i'm sure he could accommodate u.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

cheers Francis. We'll be starting MMA Sessions in October, starting with a workshop with Cage RAGE Veteran Mark tucker. for 2 days.

check out this thread ,regarding the 2 day workshop. The cost is 25Euro for Pedro Bessa member & 30Euro non-members for the 2 days.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055667409

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RossiCrow

Is there an age requirement? What date exactly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 RossiCrow

Is the a age requirement? What date exactly?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Liam_B

15 and above for training.
    Just noticed I had the wrong date . The right date is 10th October Saturday 14:30 and 11th October Sunday 10:00am. You can pop into the gym for a chat, for more info if you like... anytime during the schedule on our websitewww.bjjcork.com

Just ask for Liam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 omen2323

If by any chance you attend CIT college, we have a new MMA club just up and running. that mma club in blackpool that was mentioned, the coach there his name is ken, and we have him coming to the college to run the sessions. Classes are free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tonnta

Hi lads just wondering if there are any clubs out there that do mma/boxing training in cork. dont have time to go in the evenings but would able to go before college in the mornings. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

K2C in Blackpool have a few MMA classes a week as well as Muay Thai, BJJ and boxing. As far as I know the MMA class has about 10-14 every week.

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

Mma clinic cork. Wrestling, boxing, mma, thai, Bjj, jake Hecht UFC fighter is head coach. Large stable of pros and amateurs. Check out www.themmaclinic.com

gimmick wrote: »
    K2C in Blackpool have a few MMA classes a week as well as Muay Thai, BJJ and boxing. As far as I know the MMA class has about 10-14 every week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭theboxingclinic

We also run the mma program in Cit if that's the college ur going to?

tonnta wrote: »
    Hi lads just wondering if there are any clubs out there that do mma/boxing training in cork. dont have time to go in the evenings but would able to go before college in the mornings. thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13 AirborneAnto

I definitely recommend you check out the boxing clinic in cork before you make your final decision. Its well equipped and has great coaches in mma, boxing, bjj, wrestling and muay thai. They also run beginners mma if like myself you want to ease yourself into the sport and of course head mma coach Jake Hecht is in the UFC :D Cant say enough good things about this club to be honest, great people, great training and very affordable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 seamusmurph

Hi guys, Anyone know a good place in Cork to start training in MMA ? Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Hi guys, Anyone know a good place in Cork to start training in MMA ? Thanks.

Check out Fighting Fit on MacCurtain street. Houses Cork Thai and Pedro Bessa BJJ, also has MMA and wrestling classes. Top notch bjj and muay thai.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 seamusmurph

well checked them all out and have joined the mma clinic, serious set up and when i asked around about records etc it was quite clear that the mma clinic was the main gym that prodouced fighters in cork, and the week i joined they won 2 titles at man of war. easy decision in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

well checked them all out and have joined the mma clinic, serious set up and when i asked around about records etc it was quite clear that the mma clinic was the main gym that prodouced fighters in cork, and the week i joined they won 2 titles at man of war. easy decision in fairness.
    I think you made the right choice :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tonnta

thanks for all the info. i checked out your site and would be interested but there doesnt seem to be any classes on before 9 in the morning, which is when i could only go. are ye planning any 7am classes?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭ali-d1936

Said id post in a old thread, i realise its 7 years old but Just moved to cork, 26 years old have never done any kickboxing boxing or the likes before but want to take it up. Any recommendations?

Advertisement