Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Netopia 2247 WEP key

Options
  • 21-09-2009 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Sorry if this seams a stupid question but I'm trying to conect a laptop to a Eircom Netopia 2247 router, but I cant find the WEP key. In my experience it's usualy on the bottom of it but in this case it apears not. Where would I find it or am I missing somthing obvious?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Niall F

If you can connect up a cable to it, browse to the router and all the settings should be in clear text. Alternatively, if it's at default settings, just google eircom wep key and you'll be asked to enter the SSID and it will tell you the default WEP key. Here's one below from a quick google search. http://www.bacik.org/eircomwep/

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭KenHy

Thanks Niall! using the second method I was not only able to get it, but also connect to next doors wireless to! Scary what people could be doing of your connection without your knowledge!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Niall F

Shows you how easy it is, doesn't it? You might want to consider either changing the WEP key or increase to WPA if you can. Glad I could help.

Advertisement