Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get your doooom on - Pentagram in Ireland!!

• 21-09-2009 9:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Pentagram are coming to Ireland this Sunday, check the thread here for more details. Will be a cracking gig.

Anyone head to Dublin Doom Day? Was a savage day altogether. Great spread of bands.

So who here likes a bit o' doom? From trad doom in the Sabbath vein onto stoner and sludge like Electric Wizard (anyone at the gig Whelan's? Hefty auld riffage!) and then you have death/doom and extra filthy stuff like our own Wreck of the Hesperus and who play mouldy stuff, their set at DDD was immense, check them out here. And what about Esoteric, savage stuff from them too, last track called Dissident was great.

Edit: The video ain't the full song, it's something like 17mins long in total so it misses out on the pummelling part towards the end. Esoteric's songs are fairly epc in proportion.

Sign of the Wolf!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭damonjewel

Super Thanks for the heads up on Pentagram, I had no idea they were playing. I most definitely shall be there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,964 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'll be at this definitely.

DDD was great craic it has to be said, as was Electric Wizard, we've been spoiled with some savage doom lately!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I missed Dublin Doom Day and unfortunately I might be missing this. Should be killer though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

Hail Pentagram cant wait!!! DDD was F$uking Killer some great bands, another drunking Haze of Doom!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

This Sunday! Let 'er rip!

Relentless
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=iFI2DBrpTX0

• Advertisement

Can't wait, going to be deadly craic.

This was a great gig, Bobby Liebling is a total nut in his purple wizard sleeves and his cat weasel features! Great voice and the band were raw and heavy. Plenty of classics, like 20 buck spin, Forever my queen, when the screams come, walk in the bluelight and some great sounding new stuff like South of the swamp

The support was pretty good too, I am enjoying Brigantia's free cd Time machine of doom right now.

One of the best gigs I've been to in a long time. Bobby Liebling is a living legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Aye cracking gig, got in at the arse end of Council of Tanith's first song. Good stuff from them. Brigantia were pretty good, 'Time machine of doom' being stuck in my head right now.
    And what a show from Pentagram, Bobby is such a legend as these pictures attest! Brilliant tunes.

Bobby5.jpg

Bob1.jpg

Pics from a user on metalireland, not mine.

He's a photographers dream to be honest, completely off the wall :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Bloody excellent gig, I really enjoyed myself. The band far surpassed my expectations, proper heavy.

Took a fair few photos myself, full set is here but I've included a couple below for the lazy.

3961287054_92471e8ea1.jpg

3961363644_0bf22ee805.jpg

3960535529_c1fd1821e2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Zerroth

Agreed! Great gig in Whelan's last night!

I found this on youtube, the sounds appalling but pretty much summed up the mad genius of Bobby Liebling. What a star!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 957 ✭✭✭GrizzlyMan

obsolutely Mental:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭black_frosch

Interview with Bobby Liebling

Advertisement