Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IE8 problems

• 21-09-2009 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭

Not sure if this is in the right section, if not can mods please move.

Has anyone else have the problem of pages not loading with IE8.

I'd open up a new page and it will just stay blank. The status bar moves really really slowly but doesn't actually open up anything. Been happening since i installed IE8.

Also i've noticed now that if i have youtube or bebo open, 90% of the time when i close the page it brings up an error saying Internet Explorer has stopped working. Sometimes it brings up a suggestion fix that its something to do with adobe and go to the adobe site to see problem fixes. It says to uninstall adobe flash player and reinstall it. Doesn't fix it though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭mukki

think their is a problem with tabs in IE8, i turn tabs off and use the task bar instaed ,

or as some gimp will probably reply "just use firefox" (which is painfully slow lately)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,975 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

try a dns flush? google that im sleepy and i wanna go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭dizbo

lol.. I'm starting to like the tabs.. Can't switch as easy between them by using the keyboard but it comes in handy when i need to read a lot of threads. Doesn't take up a lot of space as its not on the taskbar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84,975 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

tabs definitely helped it. what else helps it is that each tab is a seperate process so one can crash without killing all of your open pages. its still slow side by side with other browsers however and typicaally much more vulnerable to online threats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

mukki wrote: »
    or as some gimp will probably reply "just use firefox" (which is painfully slow lately)

Use Opera, it hasnt slowed down on me for over 3 years:pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement