Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gambling/Advertising Survey

Options
  • 21-09-2009 9:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

As some of ye know, I am doing my Masters dissertation at the minute. I would appreciate if you could please take a few moments to do a questionnaire as part of my research.

It’s a relatively short questionnaire and mainly ticking buttons. The questionnaire is targeted at gambling and betting customers, so you may not qualify to answer the whole survey. You will be notified if this is the case.

As ever, if you do choose to fill it out, I would like if you took the time to answer the questions correctly and not just tick buttons to finish it. :D

Again, thanks for your time and I really appreciate you doing this.

Here is the link.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=CbHxGi3411AXOYUBvIW7mQ_3d_3d

I'm sure most people here will qualify for this. I will also post it on the gambling forum too. You might actually find it interesting and it may spark some conversation, it up to ye :)

Edit: Hope this is okay with the mods. Its semi related to poker.

Regards,

Paudie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,771 ✭✭✭TommyGunne

Did I win?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,546 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Done and done.

Posting it is okay as you are an active forum member Paudie. Hope all goes well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭HiCloy

Done, gl with the dissertation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

done

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

I started it but didn't finish as the PP ads you're asking about haven't, afaik, run here in the north, and I didn't want to balls up your results.

The only ones I can ever remember seeing are the old footie players in the bath/wardrobe refund losing bets ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭Lurker1977

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Done. GL with the Masters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

When talking about gambling/stakes etc, do you want answers from someone who just plays poker? As your options for which bookmakers you use are all bookmakers, no partypoker/pokerstars etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭thedini

Done. GL.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Slash/ED wrote: »
    When talking about gambling/stakes etc, do you want answers from someone who just plays poker? As your options for which bookmakers you use are all bookmakers, no partypoker/pokerstars etc

survey says excluding poker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

miju wrote: »
    survey says excluding poker

Ah, I missed that, I should read things fully really

• Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Done

Slash/ED wrote: »
    Ah, I missed that, I should read things fully really

Sounds like what I said when I woke up married.

Roadsweeper, I'm 99% sure I'm right, but one of the lads who's working/studying in Engerland will soon correct me if I'm wrong.

The British ASA (advertising standards authority) is very, very PC and there are almost no satirical ads in the UK. The more I think about it the more sure I am that the ads you're asking about aren't on TV in GB or on utv and aren't on billboards either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,513 ✭✭✭RoadSweeper

Grafter wrote: »
    Roadsweeper, I'm 99% sure I'm right, but one of the lads who's working/studying in Engerland will soon correct me if I'm wrong.

The British ASA (advertising standards authority) is very, very PC and there are almost no satirical ads in the UK. The more I think about it the more sure I am that the ads you're asking about aren't on TV in GB or on utv and aren't on billboards either.

You are correct. The ads were banned in the U.K
    It is more to give a sense of PP advertising style. These and others are still available to see on www.pp-gallery.com

The study has little to do with the ASA or any standard authority. Its about customers perceptions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭hotspur

Done. Looks good.

hotspur wrote: »
    Done. Looks good.

Thanks,

Also shout out to you for all your help and zuutroy and BCB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

a few comments
    A problem with the navigation , using arrows to scroll down page changes ticked selections.
    Don't ask how many campaigns you can remember after you have shown pics of them.
    Is there meant to be a page with no questions after Q21?

• Advertisement

a few comments
    A problem with the navigation , using arrows to scroll down page changes ticked selections.
    Don't ask how many campaigns you can remember after you have shown pics of them.
    Is there meant to be a page with no questions after Q21?

Thanks,

I dont know about the navigation it works for me? I use the scroll. It may be a survey monkey fault.

The recall question is before showing the ads, do you mean have the ads on the page after?

The last question is Q21, I may have added a thank you page. Maybe its confusing? It ran smooth for me in the pre-test.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

done, gl with the dissertation

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭strewelpeter

The recall question is before showing the ads, do you mean have the ads on the page after?
    The pictures appear on the same page as the recall question so I saw them before I saw the three before I saw the question
    The last question is Q21, I may have added a thank you page. Maybe its confusing? It ran smooth for me in the pre-test.
    Seemed to be two pages at the end.

I was using Chrome

The pictures appear on the same page as the recall question so I saw them before I saw the three before I saw the question

K, cool, I will edit. Thanks.
    Seemed to be two pages at the end.

I was using Chrome

Strange, I am too. I'll look again. I didnt have time to fully suss Survey Mokey fully.

Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Not arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Done.

Not arsed.

You'd probably fail anyway

Not arsed.

As you give, so shall you receive :P

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao