Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

motorbike provisional licence question

• 21-09-2009 9:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

hi guys, just a quick question. im quite interested in getting a motor bike.
    i have a full car licence for the last 4 years and i want to get a bike licence. do you have to do a theory test again or is it a case of going in to the motor office and just paying a fee to get it added to my licence.

also i am a little confused about the power out put restrictions, i would like to get something with a bit of poke. what sort of bikes are available??

thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭chughes

If you intend to use a bike with an engine size of less than 50cc then your car licence should cover it. Anything bigger and you have to do the theory test and do a bike driving test.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Moved to Motorbikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭dotzy

you can get a 125cc license but you have to have that for 1year before going above 125cc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭vw4life

u got to sit the theory test for a learner permit for an A motorbike license,then your restricted to 25kw(33hp),which means any bike with that power output or any bike restricted to 25kw(either mechanically or electronically),then after you pass your bike test you'll still be restricted for 2 years to 25kw

Advertisement