Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Questions about Health insurance

Options
  • 21-09-2009 10:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Quick questions on Health insurance. I'm currently insured on my parents plan with VHI (B). I was due to take up my own insurance at our renewal date in february. However I am getting Laser eye surgery during the midterm break and Hibernian Aviva offer 30% off the cost so I'm considering switching.

Essentially I'd like to know if parents will get a refund from VHI for the 6 months of cover that will not be provided?

Secondly I'm 23 and trying to decide between Hospital level 2 and the I plan, anyone any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Assuming there are no claims, they will get a refund. There is no wait for the refund for the laser eye surgery.Level 2 Hospital would fit the bill if you dont attend doctors, dentists or physiotherapy too much otherwise for about 80 euro extra Level 2 Everyday will give you that.

After you claim refund and tax back you will be able to get eyes lasered for under €800.My sister got it done earlier this year and is delighted with the results and no more glasses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

The insurance companies cannot penalise you for switching mid-term. Assuming you've had no claims for in-patient or day case treatment within the annual period you're thinking of switching they'll refund any cost your parents may have paid up front.

Advertisement