Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dopey landlord's father

Options
  • 21-09-2009 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Right,people might find this a bit complicated...me and my other half moved into a 2 bed apartment 4 weeks ago this Thursday coming(24-09-09)...the electricity bill came last monday when we were only in the place for roughly 2 and a half weeks,before i say anything else i should tell all of ye that when we moved in that i got him to sign a contract stating that i could record everything we said to each other...whether what we said to each was good or bad...also in the contract it says that we would not have to pay the first electricity bill because at the beginning when we were moving in he said that a electricity bill was coming in the next week or so because we would only have been in the place a small time...anyway this is where it gets messy our landlord went on holidays with our deposit...so the bill came to our place in his name,thats grand and all but then our landlords father comes along and asks did any letters come for is son,we said yes 3 letters,one of which was the esb bill...he opened it at the door and we all saw how much it was...then his father has the gall to say ye realise ye have to pay all €185 of that bill i said no ye dont we have a contract and then he went to his car body proceeded to show the contract that me and my partner signed for our landlord i said thats the wrong one...i then produced the one we had and he said that does.nt stand because we signed his first but then i said he signed ours first.but anyway we gave him the and we rang our landlord and he apologised for his da and he is going to take away two thirds from our first months rent as compensation,he said he should of
    Informed his father about everything...he even said more fool themselves.....also his said the bill was so expensive because we have storage heaters and(also he turned on the fan assisted heaters also including ones in our bathrooms) he had then on 24/7 plus he had lights on in the front(4 lights to be exact)also he said he turned on the immersion every second day for 14 hours at a time,also he used the washing machine,dryer and basically all household stuff including the electric shower for things while we were not in the place which to be exact the place was left idle for a full 14 months(our landlord did have people like relatives staying yano)...and also building works was going on for the two months before we moved in...he said our next bill should only be around 100 euro,phew...me and my gf get disability allowance and a majority of the perks that come with but we do not have electricity allowance because we opted for a phone allowance instead.....thats it.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭herya

And the point?... Just sharing your experience?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

herya wrote: »
    And the point?... Just sharing your experience?

Yes and the landlords father stupidity!.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

ok bit that was all a bit pointless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

There's five minutes ill never get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

iguy wrote: »
    Yes and the landlords father stupidity!.....

not really stupidity the son forgot to tell him what he had arranged with you regarding the ESB, wasn't like he was trying to con you or anything and your landlord sorted it so whats the issue?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

ztoical wrote: »
    not really stupidity the son forgot to tell him what he had arranged with you regarding the ESB, wasn't like he was trying to con you or anything and your landlord sorted it so whats the issue?

Just saying because it might happen to other people... And it might be handy to get your landlord to sign a contract also you'll have to pay solicitors fees to make it 'legal'...em also i should of said it happened to a friend of mine..... However she had no backup and had to pay everything..... Also my point was a true bad story turning into a good one...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Paragraphs, Punctuation and Point.

Had to stop after the 1st line or two because i just couldn't read it.

Advertisement