Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wheelie Bin Locks

Options
  • 21-09-2009 11:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi all.

Anyone know where we can get locks for our wheelie bins? Got a nice shiny new bin on the Thursday, put it into the communal area for the duplexes, came down in the morning, and it was filled to the brim with someone else's stinking rubbish!

As everyone else in the duplexes has Oxigen bins and ours are Ace, it's pretty obvious they didn't fill the wrong bin in error. And the rubbish is that stinking, I don't have the stomach to go through it looking for identity...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Waitsian

Just drill two holes in the lid and the lip of the bin and padlock it, no? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

mod9maple wrote: »
    Just drill two holes in the lid and the lip of the bin and padlock it, no? ;)

Yes but they you need to open it the night b4 for the binmen (and someone will still get their rbbish in or else get up at 5am for your binmen (depends on when they pickup)

Have a look here. Think this is the job you're looking for. (probably other versions as well on the interweb)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=60019672

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Stephentlig

perhaps they should get some security cameras in there so they can catch people in the act. Also the presence of cameras just automatically stops them from doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

while you are waiting on the lock to get sorted, just for divilment ..... :pac:
    Take one A4 sheet of paper, one black marker, and some tape.

Write "smile you're on camera" on the a4 sheet and stick to the inside of the bin lid, it'll rightly wind up who ever did it and who know they may even lose sleep over it if you're lucky :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Mike28 wrote: »
    Hi all.

Anyone know where we can get locks for our wheelie bins? Got a nice shiny new bin on the Thursday, put it into the communal area for the duplexes, came down in the morning, and it was filled to the brim with someone else's stinking rubbish!

Someone was doing that at the back of our apartment block too. We just took all the offending bags out of the bins ad left them on the ground. When they hadn't been moved after a few days one of my neighnours rang the council. The bloke from the council came out, went through the rubbish in the offending bags, determined who owned them and gave them two hours to sort it out or else face with being issued with a fixed penalty. Hey presto - no more rubbish problems!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Mike28

Liking it, Calex71, liking that a lot!

I'd love to go through it myself if I had the stomach, and knock on the door asking if they'd lost something & then hand them 2 bin bags. But angry neighbours, not good, so yeah, think it will have to go the way of the council if it continues. Shame those gravity locks are so expensive.

Advertisement