Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Islamic Sisters?

• 21-09-2009 11:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Assalamu aleikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuh,

Firstly to all sisters and brothers, Eid Mubarak, may Allah swt accept all your fasting , prayers and dua from the month of Ramadan!

So, I would like to let any converted sisters in Islam know that a few of the reverts (myself included) are starting an informal and fun help, support and social group for reverted sisters or sisters who are thinking of reverting to Islam. It doesn't matter what background you are from, or how long you have been Muslim, all reverts are welcome. This is because we feel as reverts ourselves we have an idea what you are going through and that it can be an overwhelming time full of different emotions and challenges as you try to accustom yourself not only to a new faith, but to a new lifestyle, and to the new attitudes you may find from family and friends. We will meet once a week inshaAllah. The focus will be to discuss Islam and the Islamic way of life, to help, teach and remind each other while having some fun and laughs at the same time. If you would like more information, please send me a private message and we can continue from there. We will be based in South Dublin but for sisters in other parts of the country please also make contact if you are interested.

And for all of us going through difficult times as a new Muslim, let us remember this verse (ayah) from the chapter (surah) Al Baqarah in the Quran:

002:45
    Seek help in patience and prayer; and truly it is hard save for the humble-minded.

Salam aleikum
    Peace be upon you all

Amina

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭irishconvert

Great idea sister, hope it all goes well for you inshaAllah.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 AbuBakr

Alhamdulillah, sister, may Allah (Subhanahu wa Ta'ala) continue to be for you Al-Hadi, the guide on the straight path, the path of those whom He has favoured.

Your idea, sister, is a very good one - reverts need to support each other and find help within the umma to grow in taqwa. I was fortunate to be supported by brothers when I embraced Islam - subhanallah - and, inshallah, you will also help each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 IslamicSister

JazakhAllah khairen, thank you both for your good wishes.
    May Allah swt bless and reward you both :)

Salam
    Amina

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 al noor

Salaam,
    how do I send a pm? I specifically registered so I can respond to this thread,
    wasalaam
    Noor.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 IslamicSister

Salam sister , hover over my username and you will get the option to send me a private message.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭hivizman

@IslamicSister - Were you able to get your support group in South Dublin for revert sisters off the ground?

You possibly already know these books, which are the stories of other reverts to Islam:

Na'ima B. Robert From My Sisters' Lips (London: Bantam, 2005, ISBN 978-0-553-81717-1). It tells the story of the author's conversion to Islam and also includes accounts from other women who have chosen to live as Muslims. From the back cover: "What emerges is a vivid and intimate portrait of a sisterhood. As they speak candidly on diverse subjects ranging from marriage to motherhood, stereotypes, submission and self-image, we hear the strong, proud voices of those who are seldom heard."

Lucy Bushill-Matthews Welcome to Islam: A Convert's Tale (London: Continuum, 2008, ISBN 978-1-8470-6216-1). From the back cover: "English Muslim and mother of three Lucy Bushill-Matthews captures the theory and the often humorous reality of living as a Muslim in England: as a convert, a working woman, a mother, and an active member of Muslim and 'typically English' communities."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Yusuf Mirza

Hay I just want to say goodluck inshallah. I am a revert also from clare:)

wasalam

Advertisement