Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Occupational Therapy

Options
  • 22-09-2009 12:00am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12

Im in first year OT, and cant find second hand OT textbooks anywhere:mad:..do i HAVE to go on amazon/ebay? With the P&P expense of posting the books over from america, twould almost b cheaper to buy them new :confused: surely theres an easier way to get textbooks:(? anybody have an ideas/advice about how i'll get my hands on these textbooks?

If anybodys selling OT books-PLEASE contact me:):
    collins_gillian04@hotmail.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭cianl1

Shouldn't need them if you're only in first year. It's a common mistake most people make in first year. People start freaking out that they won't pass unless they have the books, I did it myself, but the library copies are almost always available. Unless it's a case of the books being required for the course, is it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12 mellowinmycello

Yeah, like, we were given a ''required textbook'' list...i know about the library, but we were told that we need to BUY these books...i'm just lookin at where to go to find second hand ones (instead of payin LOADS of €€)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Use www.bookfinder.com, change the postage destination to Ireland and it should come up with some good results. Also check for previous editions of the book, the last one may only have been printed 2 years ago for example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭cianl1

Yeah one of the major things about college textbooks is that they bring out new editions fairly frequently. So while you might not find the specific edition e.g. say it's the 7th edition of a particular title, you'd probably get the 6th edition quite cheap and the info would be in or around the exact same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭cheekay

hey if you want to pm me the books you're looking for. A lot of my friends are in 2nd and 3rd yr OT so im sure i can ask them for you

• Advertisement
Advertisement