Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

computer systems?

Options
  • 22-09-2009 12:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭

hi everyone, im in first year in computer systems and im finding it a bit boring i like the computer programming and computer applications part but the organisation (binary and stuff) and maths are boring i was just wondering does the course get more intersting or is this pretty much it? thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,041 ✭✭✭Seachmall

From what I understand the maths is dropped next next year, but don't quote me on that. In comp-org we'll be moving off the numerical-base arithmetic in the next week or two (at least that's what he said in the Friday lecture). I believe the next step is low level architecture (memory addresses and the like) and up from that.

I'm not a 100% sure on the above but I'm confident enough on it. I know a few lads on here have done the course so they may be able to give a better overview of what happens in the following months/years.

If you do a quick google on the course modules (e.g. "computer science maths" or "computer architecture") it will bring up some pages on what the courses generally include so have a look over that and see what you think.

Advertisement