Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone help me Restore messages from MemoryCard???

• 22-09-2009 2:54am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, just found this here forum and just in time I hope.

I have a Nokia E65 and I saved all of my text messages on my memory card which came with the phone. Now two days ago I found some messages were missing from my phone but knew I had them saved on my memorycard so I decided to restore from my memorycard. To be utter shock at 3:30am I found my phone re-starting and when it came back on it had restored all the phones original settings (time/date/profiles) but no messages came back. I still have all contacts and other downloaded features.

I had a new memory card, adapter and usb stick for memorycards and tried them. They (messages) are still stored on the card, infact the only items on that card but when I input adapter and/or usb into my relatively new acer laptop it reads both new hard-drives but I cannot access the data/messages from either device.

Any advice for me here to access the messages again as their are a few that I need to pass on to somebody. Is their some programme I need on my laptop to read the messages?

I seriously, seriously hope someone can assist me here please folks :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

If the phone went back to factory settings, then it would have the texts to set for phone memory. If you put the card in back in the phone, change the settings to use memory cord to save messages, the old texts should reappear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭km991148

failing that, put the card into a pc and get a program to find the deleted files, (such as fast file undelete on windows) should work for mem cards, but you may not get the messages back in any useful format, but may get the text from them..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Davy wrote: »
    If the phone went back to factory settings, then it would have the texts to set for phone memory. If you put the card in back in the phone, change the settings to use memory cord to save messages, the old texts should reappear.

Just done this now & it worked and Davy, many thanks man. Seriously, what a relief. It's so simple like but I just never thought of doing that.

Thanks again, I do appreciate it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Just done this now & it worked and Davy, many thanks man. Seriously, what a relief. It's so simple like but I just never thought of doing that.

Thanks again, I do appreciate it :)

Your welcome, glad to help

Advertisement