Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C.R.I.S.P. Centres

Options
  • 22-09-2009 3:11am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

Anyone ever do any courses in them?
    Wondering what the SP is on them. Do you get a certificate or do exams at the end?
    The last thought horrifies me. Haven't done an exam in since May or June 1999!
    There's upcoming courses in Computers for Absolute Beginners, Intermediate Computers/Pre-ECDL & eventually ECDL. Wondering on the wisdom of taking them.
    I'm 7-Months UE so I've the time & nothing to lose. Just want to know what I'm letting myself in for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭bravo

Just exams for ECDL, no exams on the other courses. Nice and relaxed with no pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

TBH if you can work your way around a computer enough to register on boards and stay using it I would probably suggest skip the absolute beginners class.
    My mother done one of these last year and it was all kind of, you turn it on here, click this thing (we all this the mouse), press start button etc etc.

IMO of course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭DO'Carlo/Wex

tombull82 wrote: »
    TBH if you can work your way around a computer enough to register on boards and stay using it I would probably suggest skip the absolute beginners class.
    My mother done one of these last year and it was all kind of, you turn it on here, click this thing (we all this the mouse), press start button etc etc.

IMO of course
    Your' opinion is appreciated. It's why I post on Boards. Not just for your' opinion obviously but opinions & advice in general.
    I am basically self-taught when it comes to computers. If you follow the instructions & play by the rules it's fairly straightforward.
    But, my c.v. is fairly empty looking. Apart from a couple of courses i did through work (forklift training; man those babies are heavy to lift! & Manual Handling), my last full-time courses were college at end of last decade.
    Did computers as a subject (module is too posh) for both years of my course but unless you're using them la-isteach, la-amach, you tend to forget different functions. E.g., when it comes to MS Word I've probably only done the basic letter of application & c.v. & have hardly used tabs, bullet-points etc.
    Don't get me wrong a lot of what will be a 20 hour course will bore the tits off me but at least it'll be down on c.v. Plus I'd be highly suprised if I ended-up not learning anything at all. In fact I'd wager i will.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭shenanigans1982

Plus I'd be highly suprised if I ended-up not learning anything at all. In fact I'd wager i will.

You will learn something but I know someone who did the beginners course last year and he said the same as Tombull...if you can switch on a computer you should proably look past the beginners course as any of the advanced stuff for that class would be taught in the pre ECDL course again.

As for exams...on the beginners course its a fairly straight forward exam, you get a book and the questions are in the back and you can read through it to find your answers.

Advertisement