Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭branie

Máire should know better then to let light into a dark room

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

branie wrote: »
    Máire should know better then to let light into a dark room

Was a bit freaky when the creaky door opened and she stood there.
    Herself and Peadar are hilarious not to mention her 'liameen'!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Acc to Facebook, the new series starts on the 3rd of September :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Watched a few of the 1999 episodes during the week...Jason with hair! :eek::D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Watched a few of the 1999 episodes during the week...Jason with hair! :eek::D

Attitude pretty much has stayed the same :P

• Advertisement

What'd the name of the song that Máire sang at the end?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

Watching the episodes from 2007 on YouTube at the moment. Really enjoying them. I think the show was much better in those days.

I saw a bit of the teacher in Ali today, when she spoke to Caitriona about her report

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭IRISHSPORTSGUY

I remember watching this season when I was a kid. Two leading male characters get killed off at the end of the series.
    Robbie and Sean

Since Evan was born in 2000 (I think) he should be 13

• Advertisement

Since Evan was born in 2000 (I think) he should be 13

You'd swear he's 23 the way he looks :D

I thought he was doing the Leaving soon? Did they speed his age up for the show?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Think I saw the actress who played crazy Grace/Alice on the street the other day. Freaked me out for a second :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

I thought he was doing the Leaving soon? Did they speed his age up for the show?

yup they did, i think it was mentioned here before but this is what they do...

hoodwinked wrote: »
    yup they did, i think it was mentioned here before but this is what they do...

Haha brillant.

Was Máire right to baptize Evan?

Was Máire right to baptize Evan?

Ah sure it's just a few candles and water :)

Unless it was the actor's decision, I've no idea why they killed off Sean Brennan in this season (4). He was a brilliant character! Working his way through Catriona, Sile, Ali and Sinead deserves respect too! :pac:

Robbie I can kind of understand as his character was going a bit stale, although he makes a handy minor character because he was friendly with everyone... so if you wanted to know what another character was thinking, you'd know by the end of the conversation with Robbie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Mister Saturday night

Jason lives and Francis doesn't go to the gaurds.Looks like ros na run will be ****e again this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

Back tomorrow night.. Excited. :cool:

Back tomorrow night.. Excited. :cool:

Looking forward to it. Can't get into the older series when they repeat it. Just too far in the past for me I guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

I watch Ros na Run online here in the States and I always get caught up in the old seasons during summer. Now the new season is starting and I am going to miss out on answers with the old one. This year, they started the old series and it must have skipped from last summer. How did Angela's baby die?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

When did Ros na Run start? I remember being on the ferry to the Inis Mor in 1995 and watching it on their tv. Then I would watch it each year when I went home. I finally found it online and love watching!!! Great series and acting.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ms.c

series 4 is currently being shown and started in sept 1999 so sept 1996 i think it started??

Angela's baby died of a cot death / SIDS

I enjoyed tonights episode but it wasn't too eventful. Wonder if
    Peadar is back with Maire?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Ahhhh I missed it at 8:30 tonight, thought I would be able to catch it after on TG4 player but it's not there!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Ahhhh I missed it at 8:30 tonight, thought I would be able to catch it after on TG4 player but it's not there!!!

it will be tomorrow id say they have renamed the earlier series RNR4 on the player,

also didn't the earlier series finish before the new series came back last year? surely we can't have many more episodes to go?

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ms.c

i think its repeated at 12:25 tomorrow but wasnt fully paying attention!

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭tishandy

I am so sad to see the older series ending.
    I prefer it to the newer ones.
    Love looking back and saying "Jesus I don't think that was still fashionable in 1999". The décor of the sets is so funny. All the crockery and curtains are on a bright yellow and green theme, I remember buying a lovely bright yellow dinner set then it was all the rage. Last ep recorded and looking forward to later.Funny to see people aged last night on the evening episode.

Poor Liam

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Sam Tyler

I prefer the older series to the current one it has more of a charm to it!

For me Tadgh is the best character by far . His relationship with Angela is fascinating to watch . Both actors are very believable in their roles.

It was a strange decision to kill of Carmel this season especially by suicide it seemed a waste as her character had lots of potential.
    Ali got a good exit, the pollution story was well executed, that's the beauty of Ros na Run, it involves a lot of characters in there stories.

A poster above said about killing of Sean was a waste , I agree I thought it was a poor exit for a main character.
    The explosion at the garage was done well for the time I mean it's 13 years since that was filmed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Mack was such a little s**t back then! Total psycho!

Advertisement