Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

OMG!! Just when we thought Tadhg was indestructable!!!

You would think he would have been more careful going out on his own that night, surely he knew Peigi would have told Eoin about his visit and he'd be after him!!

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭CassieManson

Wow I can't see how Tagh is going to escape this time.

On another note, that Amy is some wagon!!!

And with all the talk of Lee lately I thought she might arrive back for the season finalle.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭ms.c

Devastated about Tadhg - I almost wondered if it was the end of R&R completely

Surely he has to find a way out - he can't leave :(:(:(

Where did Lee go? I'm only dipping in and out lately

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Jaysus! Here, Tadhg will find a way out, he has to. Ros na Rún without Tadhg is like Eastenders without Phil Mitchell...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 siochain705

I thought that Lee would show up, too! Maybe at the beginning of next season?

Tadhg has to find a way out. Seriously.

Agh! Amy! Ugh! What a.... oh my. Well Mo certainly gave her a way out, didn't she!

Looks like things are heating up between Caitríona and Vince. Just pretending my arse.

Okay, so how long before the new season starts again???

I don't think there's any way Tadhg is getting out of that alive!!

I hope the old episodes start up again soon

Kauto0709 wrote: »

I think the old episodes started about end of July last year so we have a bit of a wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

It won't be the same without Tadhg :( I feel like stalking the set to see if he's going to be back filming the next series.

But those coffin screws look flimsy enough, I reckon a strong enough man could kick the lid off from the inside, he just has to wake up before he runs out of oxygen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Wow, no, we can't have RnR without Tadhg!!! But the fact that they didn't cut back to show us the coffin in flames leaves them with an out, he could still just about escape... Farfetched but possible.

I thought they'd have made more of the photos tbh. And Lee. Seriously, why has no-one reported her missing? She could be dead, like, but no-one seems to care.

Good twist on the Amy storyline but I hate her so much!

September it is then...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

Like others, I thought Lee would be back last night...especially with all the talk recently.

I know it doesn't look great for Tadgh....but this is Tadgh....he'll surely find a way out, although Eoin had given him a good beating even before he put him in the coffin. I thought Eoin wanted to make Tadgh's life a misery rather than killing him......so I wonder is Eoin going to act the hero now and phone the fire brigade.....leaving a very injured Tadgh with a long painful recovery ahead??

Were the photo's a red herring? I don't think we're finished with those yet.....otherwise why would he still have them on the laptop??

So many questions......we'll just have to wait and see...

chuckles30 wrote: »
    Like others, I thought Lee would be back last night...especially with all the talk recently.

I know it doesn't look great for Tadgh....but this is Tadgh....he'll surely find a way out, although Eoin had given him a good beating even before he put him in the coffin. I thought Eoin wanted to make Tadgh's life a misery rather than killing him......so I wonder is Eoin going to act the hero now and phone the fire brigade.....leaving a very injured Tadgh with a long painful recovery ahead??

Were the photo's a red herring? I don't think we're finished with those yet.....otherwise why would he still have them on the laptop??

So many questions......we'll just have to wait and see...

We should be prepared for the fact that a lot of our questions will never be answered... from past experience...due to the long break over the summer when RnR starts up again there is usually very poor contunuity, for example no one was held accountable for the car crash at the end of last season. We never did find out what happened to "Grace" in an earlier storyline.....

We should be prepared for the fact that a lot of our questions will never be answered... from past experience...due to the long break over the summer when RnR starts up again there is usually very poor contunuity, for example no one was held accountable for the car crash at the end of last season. We never did find out what happened to "Grace" in an earlier storyline.....

Did Grace not kill herself after trying to kill Vince and Bríd? The episode ended with her about to attack Bríd and then the next episode just showed Mack or someone sitting in Tigh Tadhg telling everyone what happened.

The car crash thing was annoying because Bríd (who we - and Peadar - knew was guilty) was still there at the start of this season. They just let her leave and get away with it. If she was leaving ANYWAY then why didn't they have her caught and sent to jail?

But then again, no-one ever gets caught for anything in RnR. For all her bluster, the Ceannfort missed several murderers (Jason, Tadhg, Bríd, Tina, Evan).

It just seems they spend a lot of time and effort building up stories and then dropping them instead of taking them right through to the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

ms.c wrote: »
    Devastated about Tadhg - I almost wondered if it was the end of R&R completely

Surely he has to find a way out - he can't leave :(:(:(

well he can and if this is his out it's rather fitting considering wasn't his first time killing people the two lads in the garage fire,

but i still wouldn't rule out him getting out, there was a lot of talk from him about coming back from the dead :D

maybe Eoin has a last minute guilty conscience and goes back to rescue him? not likely i know

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

Really enjoyed those old episodes as I have only come to Ros na Rún quite recently.

Apparently TG4 have no plans to show the old episodes this summer, according to Ros na Run on facebook 😭😭

Really disappointed to hear that. The old episodes are great!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

Really disappointed to hear that. The old episodes are great!

Agreed! Very disappointing news - the old episodes are usually one of the only things worth watching on telly during the summer....

BandMember wrote: »
    Agreed! Very disappointing news - the old episodes are usually one of the only things worth watching on telly during the summer....

I know! It sucks!! I'm really disappointed. I love the old episodes!!

I say we start a petition!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

I know! It sucks!! I'm really disappointed. I love the old episodes!!

I say we start a petition!!

Sign me up!! :D

Ohh I think they may have accidentally given too much away in their behind-the-scenes video for the making of the finale!

There's a clip that seems to show
    Eoin trying open up the coffin as the flames spread
    and the actor says something like
    "But Eoin's not sure he can go through with it, so he changes his mind and... well, you'll have to wait and see what happens"

It's on the RnaR Facebook, won't link it here in case it is a spoiler. Bit of an oversight on their part if it is though! Unless it was originally going to be a different cliffhanger...

Apparently TG4 have no plans to show the old episodes this summer, according to Ros na Run on facebook 😭😭

TG4 have confirmed this :(

TG4 have confirmed this :(

i say we all email them complaining, might make them reconsider.....

hoodwinked wrote: »
    i say we all email them complaining, might make them reconsider.....

I already e-mailed them, they just said they couldn't fit it into their schedule :(

"A chara,

Fuair muid do theachtaireacht (thíos).  Go raibh maith agat.

We received your message (below).  Thanks for contacting us.  We value feedback from viewers and respond promptly.

You are correct.  Our Summer Schedule 2015 will not include a repeat showing of a vintage season of Ros na Rún.   Much as we would have liked to continue our practice of doing this, there simply isn’t room for it this Summer.

The  popular drama series will return after its normal Summer break with a new season in early September.  We are all looking forward to that.

Le meas agus buíochas

Pádhraic Ó Ciardha

TG4"

Devestated!

well i sent one off too, maybe if enough people complain they will change the schedule, or at least put it back on next year.

hoodwinked wrote: »
    well i sent one off too, maybe if enough people complain they will change the schedule, or at least put it back on next year.

Hopefully!! I'll be lost without it this summer. I love the old episodes and all the old chatacters: Liam, Vanessa, Síle, Sinéad......

very disappointing news. what could possibly take up all the schedule so they can't spare an hour a day for one of their top programmes?

• Advertisement

It's terrible. Surely it is one of their most popular programs ! I hope lots of people get in touch about it.

Advertisement