Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

They shared a clip on Facebook today - there'll be an episode in tribute to Seamus/Diarmaid on the 22nd (which is a Wednesday - I think it'll be on three days in a row that week). Not sure if I'm looking forward to it or not :(

22nd is a Tuesday

Just had a look, it's on Wednesday the 23rd

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Karen23 wrote: »
    22nd is a Tuesday

Just had a look, it's on Wednesday the 23rd

Yes, you're right, it's the 23rd. I think the show's on as usual on the 22nd and Christmas Eve, so it's an extra episode that week.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yes, you're right, it's the 23rd. I think the show's on as usual on the 22nd and Christmas Eve, so it's an extra episode that week.

Not entirely certain, but as well as the extra episode of Ros na Rún on the 23d, I think there'll also be some sort of special in tribute to Diarmuid Mac An Adhastair after that extra episode - can't remember who I heard that from though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Been a while since I was on the thread so I've been catching up a wee bit. How are people finding things so far in the series?

I have to confess, I'm enjoying their getting the milage out of Bobby; she's growing as a character. Peigí as well I find good; you just know that something evil is bubbling up one of the days. Lord I hate Katy and wish she gets a good slippering off of her Mum :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Been a while since I was on the thread so I've been catching up a wee bit. How are people finding things so far in the series?

I have to confess, I'm enjoying their getting the milage out of Bobby; she's growing as a character. Peigí as well I find good; you just know that something evil is bubbling up one of the days. Lord I hate Katy and wish she gets a good slippering off of her Mum :)

I'm the opppsite-not minding Katy so much this season but hating Peigi with a passion. Wish they would write her out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Muireann wolfsbane the yank

Wow Aine is turning into quite the little schemer, just like her father, I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I think I'm going to like the niece character she looks interesting. And I wish they would bring Albhine back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

BandMember wrote: »

Ah seamus is sadly missed as a character alright, brilliantly played by Diarmuid. He always used to craic me up. His responses to people were classic It just looks weird not seeing him at the bar nursing a pint and aruging with Tadgh, or laughing to himself when Tadgh was in an arguement with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

Well said! As the cast put it, he really and truly is irreplaceable and, to me, it feels like part of the show has gone with him. It will certainly never be the same again anyway, that's for sure....

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I'm the opppsite-not minding Katy so much this season but hating Peigi with a passion. Wish they would write her out!

They can't write Peigí out until the wedding; she has a plan on the go and you know well it's devious :)

• Advertisement

Lads, I know Mack is thick but, seriously? He's going out with a girl called Deirdre with a Donegal accent who works in an office in Galway, and he doesn't even slightly question it when his friend from Donegal talks about his similarly-aged daughter Deirdre who works in an office in Galway?

Lads, I know Mack is thick but, seriously? He's going out with a girl called Deirdre with a Donegal accent who works in an office in Galway, and he doesn't even slightly question it when his friend from Donegal talks about his similarly-aged daughter Deirdre who works in an office in Galway?

Yeah it's pretty far fetched really but such is soapland.

Anyone know what John Joe is meant to have done on her?

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Yeah it's pretty far fetched really but such is soapland.

Anyone know what John Joe is meant to have done on her?

I think she blames him for him & the mother splitting up and assumed he had an affair, but it was actually the mother who did. Also John Joe has said before that he wasn't there for her or Katy for a few years after the separation, so maybe that?

• Site Banned Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭XR3i

VINCE IS BACK TOGETHER WITH CAITRIONA

Why were Tadhg and Francis the only guests at the wedding??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Does anyone here watch Fair City ?

Eoin from Ros na Run showed up in tonight's episode of Fair City as Emmett, the son of Debbie and Eoin.

That was wonderfully done at the end of this evenings episode. It was hard to hold back a tear; God knows how we'll be come 9PM tomorrow evening.

That was wonderfully done at the end of this evenings episode. It was hard to hold back a tear; God knows how we'll be come 9PM tomorrow evening.

I just finished watching it on the player. I couldn't hold back the tears :o

It must have been hard on the actors, though. They'd already done all of this for him in real life and then they had to re-enact their shock and grief and bury him all over again. I'm sure they'll give him a good send-off tomorrow though.

I really liked Tadgh's reaction as well.

You'd think Seamus's daughter would be there.....or at least mentioned!

• Advertisement

That was truly wonderful. None of the cast had to act; they just said and laughed and cried; it was all for real. Yes there was so much they could have talked about so a lot was bound to have been left out. And as for the end, it was hard to not cry.

Take a bow Ros ná Run; Seamus would have been proud.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭technocrat

That was truly wonderful. None of the cast had to act; they just said and laughed and cried; it was all for real. Yes there was so much they could have talked about so a lot was bound to have been left out. And as for the end, it was hard to not cry.

Take a bow Ros ná Run; Seamus would have been proud.

Hear hear. Tadgh is human after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Leilak

a very fitting tribute for Seamus Mhicil Tom tonight :)

From start to finish, that episode was perfect. That was a great tribute from the actors, writers and everyone behind the camera to Diarmuid.

The absolute respect that episode showed for the man is unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Lovely picture of Diarmuid at the end

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

It was very well done. Moved me. Different than when other characters 'die' as they move on to different things but the episode was really touching and was a very good tribute.

Ah lads, that scene with Tadhg at the end was heartbreaking.

End of an era for sure.

Just finished watching it, and all I can say is that it was a beautiful tribute to a wonderful character and actor. As others have said take a bow Ros Na Run.

Slan Seamus we will miss you. May you dance upon the wind.

on another note perhaps they forgot about his daughter? Or will address it later?

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

That one brought me to tears alright. Funny how you feel you know someone personally after watching for 20 years. Excellent job Ros na Run!!!

• Advertisement

Happy Nolliag everyone

Wonderful Christmas episode, the children were really cute.

I wonder who the parents of that little boy are? Could Even be linked somehow? since he was in the promo for it.

or Maybe it's Albha's ? (by the goddess I can't spell her name or anything else for that matter. :)

Advertisement