Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Please let that be the end of Péigí!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

I wonder who the parents of that little boy are? Could Even be linked somehow? since he was in the promo for it.

or Maybe it's Albha's ? (by the goddess I can't spell her name or anything else for that matter. :)

I didn't think of Ailbhe! I suppose it could be, they never mentioned her again... The promo showed Evan, David and Jason though. If it was Jason, the mother would have to be either Lee or Gráinne - surely Lee would have had the baby in the car with her if it was hers and Gráinne hasn't been gone long enough to have had a baby. If it was David, it'd be Alannah (which would explain why they keep talking about her) but he's only been back 3 months and even he'd have noticed if she was 7 months pregnant when he left. And Evan...well, we'd have to assume it was a girl he met at college who was never shown on screen.

Though they could all have been red herrings too. Who would pick Máire and Peadar specifically?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

I didn't think of Ailbhe! I suppose it could be, they never mentioned her again... The promo showed Evan, David and Jason though. If it was Jason, the mother would have to be either Lee or Gráinne - surely Lee would have had the baby in the car with her if it was hers and Gráinne hasn't been gone long enough to have had a baby. If it was David, it'd be Alannah (which would explain why they keep talking about her) but he's only been back 3 months and even he'd have noticed if she was 7 months pregnant when he left. And Evan...well, we'd have to assume it was a girl he met at college who was never shown on screen.

Though they could all have been red herrings too. Who would pick Máire and Peadar specifically?

Maybe some friend of Laoise?

Very good episode tonight. As soon as the other solicitor mentioned a prostitution gang, I knew where it was headed. Surely she can see that Mack was innocent though??

I love how with RnR you never know what's going to happen next......unlike Corrie where you know the storylines months in advance!

I wonder who's baby it is?
    I wonder does Tadhg kidnap Eimear, or is that too obvious?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I missed the first few episodes of this series. How did Tadgh escape from the coffin and how come he hasn't reported Eoin over it?

monkey9 wrote: »
    I missed the first few episodes of this series. How did Tadgh escape from the coffin and how come he hasn't reported Eoin over it?

Eoin went back and let him out. Don't know why he didn't report him, pride I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

I think Tadgh is afraid of Eoin and is acting out to cover it.

It's funny, normally when there's a "bad guy" storyline going on in soaps, I actually feel a genuine anger towards the character and can't wait for them to be caught.... with RnR I quite like both Tadhg and Eoin, it's hard to know which I want to come out on top!!

Do we think Tadhg locked Eimear in?

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    It's funny, normally when there's a "bad guy" storyline going on in soaps, I actually feel a genuine anger towards the character and can't wait for them to be caught.... with RnR I quite like both Tadhg and Eoin, it's hard to know which I want to come out on top!!

Do we think Tadhg locked Eimear in?

I know, they're two of the best actors in it as well! I'd say Tadhg definitely arranged for Eimear to be called out there, he's done it before... Interesting storyline, though, there's no way anyone could easily find out where she went.

(Aside - could she really not have forced that door with her shoulder? It moved when she touched it with her hand like!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

I'd wonder how long Eoin is going to be in it for as the actor playing him is now in Fair City as well. It was the same with Alanna, the actress playing her went to Fair City and Alanna inevitably left the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Muireann wolfsbane the yank

monkey9 wrote: »
    I'd wonder how long Eoin is going to be in it for as the actor playing him is now in Fair City as well. It was the same with Alanna, the actress playing her went to Fair City and Alanna inevitably left the show.

That's a good thought, but I hope that Eoin stays for awhile, and the actor doesn't leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

Just watching Fair City tonight and Louise is leaving so we were wondering if that meant Alannah would be making her way back to Ros na Rún now, which led to speculation that she might be the mother of the baby. Unlikely IMO given Alannahs personality but anything is possible

julyjane wrote: »
    Just watching Fair City tonight and Louise is leaving so we were wondering if that meant Alannah would be making her way back to Ros na Rún now, which led to speculation that she might be the mother of the baby. Unlikely IMO given Alannahs personality but anything is possible

They did show David as one of the "wise men" in the trailer, so it could be! Would they explain it that she was so obsessed with her job that she wouldn't want to take maternity leave and just didn't tell anyone? And that would be why she dumped David too, because he'd want them to be a proper family, which doesn't suit her.

The timing's kind of wrong - because surely even David would have noticed if she was 7 months pregnant when he left Louth - but that's never really bothered the RnaR writers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

As Tagdh put it the other night, "The Blue Flu" :D

Gonna watch the Ollcharr anocht; this week's episodes were excellent.

Surely though being a Garda, she'd have known that the child would have to go through social services etc, she couldn't just decide to leave it with someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

Surely though being a Garda, she'd have known that the child would have to go through social services etc, she couldn't just decide to leave it with someone.

Yes but social services would mean David catching wind of it so maybe she did what she had to do.

This story with Siobhan is a bit stupid
    Plus how desperate is she, throwing herself at Michael?!!

This story with Siobhan is a bit stupid
    Plus how desperate is she, throwing herself at Michael?!!

Yeah, it's just ridiculous. Like David didn't even speak to her the other night, he has no real reason to be angry at Michael for going on a date with her. And Michael's not exactly a catch either. The whole thing is tedious.

Just filling in time until the next big storyline, I guess.

I'm glad they came back to Katy's rape storyline. Normally in soaps any traumatic event (assault, car crash, fire, bereavement, accidentally killing someone...) is forgotten once the story moves on a couple months later, but they've kept this one going subtly for three and a half years. It's unusually realistic for a sensitive topic as well.

Also, who do we think has come back for the baby? Ailbhe (who showed up the same day), Katy (in a fit of madness realising she'll never have kids - I hope not, but maybe they had both stories at once for a reason) or some mad person who saw the photos on Catriona's blog?

• Advertisement

I'm glad they came back to Katy's rape storyline. Normally in soaps any traumatic event (assault, car crash, fire, bereavement, accidentally killing someone...) is forgotten once the story moves on a couple months later, but they've kept this one going subtly for three and a half years. It's unusually realistic for a sensitive topic as well.

Also, who do we think has come back for the baby? Ailbhe (who showed up the same day), Katy (in a fit of madness realising she'll never have kids - I hope not, but maybe they had both stories at once for a reason) or some mad person who saw the photos on Catriona's blog?

Some mad person who read Catriona's blog I would say!

But what IS Ailbhe up to.....

Why is Mack in that random warehouse??

Why is Mack in that random warehouse??

He's woodworking some sort of cabinet for Mo, and he'd better do something for whatever it is soon though.

Aine is turning into her father ugh, and Realtin ugh hope she learns a lesson, but I'm sure poor Ronan is gonna get blamed.

But that is a good question Languagenerd what exactly is Albihe up to?

That Ronan lad has just been brought in out of nowhere to fit a storyline and not even introduced properly, it's a bit ridiculous.

I really hate Catriona these days. Who the hell would even read her blog? And this whole thing with the book about Berni...

Yeah, Mo asked Mack to make furniture but I dunno why he was in that random shed place. How much longer are we going to have to watch him clutching his side and moaning in a variety of locations? :pac:

Katy is always wearing that bloody chef top outside the restaurant. Major health and safety issue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭BandMember

I've been trying to catch up on the shows that I've missed on the TG4 Player but none of them seem to play. Anyone else having any problems with it?

surprised to see Fia show up wonder if the baby is hers? But what was up with her outfit? She looked like some 80's or 90's fashion reject with that hair and gold jacket, and not a teenage girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭CassieManson

surprised to see Fia show up wonder if the baby is hers? But what was up with her outfit? She looked like some 80's or 90's fashion reject with that hair and gold jacket, and not a teenage girl.

And she speaks irish fluently despite growing up in Australia. What age is she supposed to be?

• Advertisement

And she speaks irish fluently despite growing up in Australia. What age is she supposed to be?

She's if I remember correctly a couple of years younger than Even, so about 17 or 18?

And she could speak Irish fluently because her mother Vanessa and the rest of her family spoke it.

Advertisement