Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Are we suppose to know who this Maggie one is?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,778 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Are we suppose to know who this Maggie one is?

I have no idea.

If I am honest my first thought was who's that fella?
    He looks scary!

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Leilak

is Maggie a bloke in drag?

Well.....what did yous think? I thought it was ok but not as good as the usual season finales mostly because these Anto and Sean? guys seems to have just been rushed into these storylines recently for the sake of this. Then again I don't think any finale will ever live up to Tadgh in the coffin!

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

So, do you think they will show the old reruns this year?  I hope so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭BandMember

maureencol wrote: »
    So, do you think they will show the old reruns this year? I hope so.

Same here! C'mon TG4, forget about the Bonanza repeats and please listen to what this thread tells you year after year!!

If anyone is on Twitter/FB/any of their social media platforms, start bombarding them with messages about it - the campaign starts here! :cool:

Well.....what did yous think? I thought it was ok but not as good as the usual season finales mostly because these Anto and Sean? guys seems to have just been rushed into these storylines recently for the sake of this. Then again I don't think any finale will ever live up to Tadgh in the coffin!

It was OK I thought Grainne would be the one who was injured /the baby.

So that was a surprise to me.

It was nice to see how they softened Tadgh a bit.

I thought Eric's fall could have been practiced a bit better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Pete Ferguson

They are repeating the most recent season ( Sep 2016/June 2017) starting next Tuesday @ 6pm. Facepalm

They are repeating the most recent season ( Sep 2016/June 2017) starting next Tuesday @ 6pm. Facepalm

Ffs. What's the point of that??

I just watched an old ros na run episode on you tube.
    I think it was possibly one of the first years.
    Jason has hair, Mack is a lot skinnier, Maire looks fatter, and Tadhg looks completely different (different actor)
    I can't remember yer wan's name with the dyed bright red hair that worked in the radio station.
    She was in it as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭CassieManson

I just watched an old ros na run episode on you tube. I think it was possibly one of the first years. Jason has hair, Mack is a lot skinnier, Maire looks fatter, and Tadhg looks completely different (different actor) I can't remember yer wan's name with the dyed bright red hair that worked in the radio station. She was in it as well.

Pretty sure that Tadgh has been played by the same actor since the start.

No mention of the radio station in recent seasons. Jason worked there before he took over Gaudi's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭RhubarbCrumble

The red haired lady was called Sile.
    I think it's always been the same Tadhg though.

The red haired lady was called Sile.
    I think it's always been the same Tadhg though.
    Oh right.

Jayus, he has changed an awful lot in that case, even his speaking style.

There was no hand to the face stuff as well, when he says some smart comment or is nervous.

I don't get it. Why show the latest season again?? I miss the old episodes!

Me too, Kauto0709!  Are you listening TG4????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Football Tanker

If whatever gob****e who programs the channel hadn't pulled the vintage episodes a few years ago, they would be up to the golden age of O`Dowd by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Just a heads up that the new season starts back tonight at 8.30 on TG4.

Just a heads up that the new season starts back tonight at 8.30 on TG4.

Clashes with the match. But if it anything like it was on Saturday I will end up watching more of RnR.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

No subtitles. You can have them if you put them on but they're not automatically there anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭BandMember

I missed the second half of last season, think the the last episode I saw was Mack's wedding.

Would any kind soul care to offer a brief synopsis of the main things that happened so that I am not completely lost starting the new season, le do thoil? :o

• Advertisement

BandMember wrote: »
    I missed the second half of last season, think the the last episode I saw was Mack's wedding.

Would any kind soul care to offer a brief synopsis of the main things that happened so that I am not completely lost starting the new season, le do thoil? :o

Tadgh - anti-windmills

Tadhg Ó Direáin was all set to sell his land which was in his family for generations to build windmills. Micheál Seoighe and Maggie Ní Chadhain were some of the few who were against the windmills.
    Tadhg had a set against Maggie in particular as she fecked off to America and left him heartbroken and lovesick many years ago.

Tadhg wrote to her every week/ day to America but he never got any reply.
    He later learns that Maggies father sent her to America and told the Postmaster to give him the letters. This changes Tadhg's tune now he is anti-windmills

Colm Gallagher can't escape his past

Colm is going out with Mo Gilmartin. Mo was previously going out with the simpleton local garda Tony Ó Conceannain but thought the better of it.

The problem is Colm invested stolen money from a Bank robbery for Anto.
    Colm thought he was done with the criminal underworld but another former jailbird Seán Ó Cualáin was been threatened by Anto.
    Sean then put Colm under pressure to invest money for and Anto.

Colm and Sean set a trap for Anto with help of Eric the PI (Garda O'Shea's ex)
    Under Pressure from Anto - Sean double crossed Colm

Gráinne Ní Bhraonáin and David Ó Laoire

It was all seaweed, new jobs and a future baby for these two before tragedy struck.

Laoise the local temptress

Eric O'Shea and Laoise were secretly getting it on. Following a recent fling with Colm. Laoise decided to move horse mid race to Eric.
    The only problem is the Superintendent Garda Imelda O'Shea is Eric's ex-wife and Laoise's best friend.
    At one stage even the lonely bachelor Micheál Seoighe thought he was going to get lucky with Laoise but it was a misunderstanding.
    Imelda finds out about the Laosie thing for ages and pretends to know nothing.
    Imelda looses her temper over laoise which causes her to push Eric down the stairs. Which impacts on Colm's plan to get Anto.

Macks wedding fallout

In short both opposing sides want to leave ros na run and go elsewhere for fresh starts as patching things up proves too difficult.
    Which is about time because they were going around in circles.

Niamh O'Se a future PI like her daddy?

Cheats in her Law society exams and tells them that she cheated on her own bat. Instead she wants to be a young version of that auld wan from 'Murder she Wrote' Jessica Fletcher. At the moment she is more Lisa Simpson then Jessica Fletcher, a lot of whining and moralising.

Caitríona Ní Loideáin saves colm from Prison and annoys Vince as usual

She did not divulge information that would have put Colm in jail for involvement with the Bank Robbery money
    Vince does not like Colm at all particulary because Catriona kissed him

Another Gay in the village

The fella that Fia was going out with Adam Mac Donncha, announced he was Gay by kissing Padraig in front of his religious mother.
    An obvious story-line results.

Realtin Seoige Learns the truth about her Mother and father

She died shortly after giving Birth to Realtin. Michael Seoige assisted in her suicide bwecause she was in pain and suffering. But, Realtin's older brother Mikey, still views his father as a murderer.

Okay, how do I put on the subtitles???  It says I need an IOS.  I have no idea where or what an IOS is!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

That's about three episodes in a row now that they've had blatant product placement for Carbon Monoxide alarms. It's a good campaign fair enough, but a bit distracting.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'm sure the actor playing Pol appeared in the Chill Bank promo which sponsors Fair City

They have really freshened things up a bit with the younger actors/actress.
    Their seems to be more subtling in the writing as well. The characters are allowed to develop a bit more gradually.

There are two things that bother me though.

1) Tadhg Ó Direáin - do people not know he is bullsh*ting when he scratches the back of his ear at this stage? 20 plus years of it and he is not called out on it!

2) John Joe's hair has gone white all of a sudeen which was explained away as the sun caused it on his holidays!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I noticed that about John-Joe's hair all right

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

Whatever happened to JohnJoes hair they wrote it into the script!

I think the writers are finally getting things motoring a bit
    To make David the postman is a great idea it allows him to fall into all sorts of situations with different characters.
    The Pól / Fia angle is one that I never considered .
    But it works well because they are chalk and cheese.
    Plus both actors seem to have a good chemistry.

Credit where it's due!

Anyone elsw not give a monkeys about Tadgh and Maggie??! Finding this season really poor to be honest.

• Advertisement

Anyone elsw not give a monkeys about Tadgh and Maggie??! Finding this season really poor to be honest.

I think the one that acts as maggie is very good I am sure there will be some other back story skletons created for her.

To be completely honest I think this season has shown a vast improvement on the previous one.
    I admit my expectations were very low after last season and the primary reason I watch it is to learn Irish words and phrases.
    But I think there is a lot more subtlety in the show and character development is given more of a chance it is much the better for it.

Tadgh will get more then a bullseye eventually when they stop dragging the Maggie Tadgh story out.
    I hope the repercussions and shockwaves create other storylines after all the build up.

The worst thing they can do is over kill it more then is necessary - like the Kathy / Mack / Jason storyline.

Advertisement