Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ros na Run

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Paul McCloskey (Vince) is appearing in the film Out of Innocence as a guard, on RTE 1 now

• Registered Users Posts: 18,781 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Top notch episode that was. Great drama and the key actors really threw themselves into it.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Poor Frances :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

My heart is broken for Tadhg and Áine bocht.

Devestated for Mack too....although he still seems to care far too much about Dee.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭maureencol

Francis was one of my favorites!!! :=(

• Advertisement

Aine bocht.

I reckon it was Malachi.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ArthurJay

What did everyone think of todays episode from a production point of view. I believe this is the first episode that was made after the break and with social distancing in place. I for one thought that the cast and crew did extremley well and that the distancing wasn't noticable. Maybe a bit in the Bobbi Lee/Coili/Niall scene but that may be becasue I was looking for it. It would have been nice to have seen Tadgh (or maybe Maire) give Aine a hug but I thing the need for distancing made those scenes play better with Aine feeling left out of the loop.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

Yeah, this was the first socially distanced filmed episode alright. Think they did a great job with it, and filming wise it looks far less noticeably awkward than some of the other soaps.

Stupid of Peatsi to leave the radio on upstairs

ArthurJay wrote: »
    What did everyone think of todays episode from a production point of view. I believe this is the first episode that was made after the break and with social distancing in place. I for one thought that the cast and crew did extremley well and that the distancing wasn't noticable. Maybe a bit in the Bobbi Lee/Coili/Niall scene but that may be becasue I was looking for it. It would have been nice to have seen Tadgh (or maybe Maire) give Aine a hug but I thing the need for distancing made those scenes play better with Aine feeling left out of the loop.

I hadn't realised this. Yes very well done and not too obvious as in other soaps!

On a sidenote....I can't understand how Noirin is so keen to protect Dee. She doesn't seem one bit bothered about the hell she put her other daughter through!

• Advertisement

ArthurJay wrote: »

Noticeable in that it was shot differently to normal. Less panned shots one person to camera. Others out of shot or well behind near a door. I liked it. Preferred it to normal way of shooting. Gave it a theatre feel, more dramatic somehow. Like those @25 RnR recaps.

The girl who plays Áine (Doireann Ní Fhoighil) could head for superstardom. Great acting talent, beyond her years imo. Knows not to over act, makes it look easy! Nice to see youngsters excel.

I don't think Vince can have Maeve stay with him, as she's not his daughter

Finally Catroina is caught out, way to go Mo for letting the cat out of the bag and well done Vince for not giving in. Also for a moment I though Ferdia was going to say Dee was staying at his (maybe he is and the e-mail is a lie).

Can't wait for next week. A great start to the season - three weeks in and it is still moving at a cracking pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

branie2 wrote: »
    I don't think Vince can have Maeve stay with him, as she's not his daughter

I think he may have adopted her at one point, mostly as a gesture that they're all one big family, but also as security for Maeve if anything ever happened to Caitríona. I could be mistaken though and possibly even be thinking of another set of characters in another soap... since these sort of things tend to happen often enough in soapland.

Ok, that's possible. Thanks for that

Can't add links or pictures - but I have managed to get my hands on a set of Ros na Run Playing Cards. The Aces, Court Cards and Jokers all have pictures of Ros na Run characters.

The characters on the cards are: -

Tadhg Ó Díreáin (Red Joker)

John Kelly (King of Spades)
    Berni Seoighe (Queen of Spades)
    Mack Ó Riain (Jack of Spades)
    Ríona De Búrca (Ace of Spades)

Peadar Ó Conghaile (King of Hearts)
    Máire Uí Chonghaile (Queen of Hearts)
    Liam Ó Conghaile (Jack of Hearts)
    Vanessa Barrett (Ace of Hearts)

Daniel McLoughlin (King of Clubs)
    Suzy Loughlin (Queen of Clubs)
    John Joe Daly (Jack of Clubs)
    Jason O'Connor (Ace of Clubs)

Vince De Búrca (King of Diamonds)
    Caitríona Ní Loideáin (Queen of Diamonds)
    Cóilín Ó Catháin (Jack of Diamonds)
    Séamus Ó Catháin (Ace of Diamonds)

Angela Ui Dhíreáin (Black Joker)

I would guess they are from around 2003/4 (not long after the release of the Iraqi Most Wanted Playing Cards - on which the design is based)- does anyone know anything more about them.

Does anyone know if they posted Season 3 on Youtube? I was having fun watching the old ones and got through Season 2. I watched them back in the day but forgot a lot of the storylines. Funny seeing everyone so young.

And I think Briain did it! He has already shown he can be violent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

Why would she email Ferdia of all people? I feel like she could be sending them on a wild goose chase.
    I thought Briain too but did he see her putting the external hard drive in her pocket, would he not have tried to talk to her (and been recorded as she was on the phone) first?

Whoever did it seems to have caught her unaware, which Emma would have motive to do.

maureencol wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they posted Season 3 on Youtube? I was having fun watching the old ones and got through Season 2. I watched them back in the day but forgot a lot of the storylines. Funny seeing everyone so young.

No sign yet.

• Advertisement

maureencol wrote: »

I did ask on the facebook page and was told most likely after S25 finishes filming
    julyjane wrote: »
    Why would she email Ferdia of all people? I feel like she could be sending them on a wild goose chase.

I got the feeling he was about to say she was living at his place and then chaanged his mind and came up with the e-mail story.

I reckon it was either Malachi or Ruairi. I hope we find out soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭julyjane

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I reckon it was either Malachi or Ruairi. I hope we find out soon!

could be Rory covering for Emma. Emma seems like a bit of a psychopath she doesn't care who she hurts but told Rory she'd taken care of her and maybe he feels guilty and hasn't even shaved for a few days

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mmmml80

Lots of close ups of Mo at the funeral, but I don’t think she has it in here. My moneys on Briain, his treatment of Sorcha shows how violent he can be, and he has motive.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

An bhfuil aon áit ar líne go bhfuil eipeasóidí ó shéasúir roimhe den chlár seo ar fáil?

Is there anywhere I can access previous episodes online?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

s1ippy wrote: »
    An bhfuil aon áit ar líne go bhfuil eipeasóidí ó shéasúir roimhe den chlár seo ar fáil?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClCCPoTldyW-rfrMLTxzPcQ

s1ippy wrote: »

The recent ones of the current season on TG4 player.

Seasons 1 and 2 on YouTube.

I hope they don't drag the Francis storyline out too long...

It will be interesting to see Thadgh being questioned

• Advertisement

Malachy seemed to be implying that he thought Rory did it? So I guess it wasn't Malachy then?

Advertisement