Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sending X's and O's In Texts

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I'd prefer smileys. My sister and niece keep sending me xoxxo after theirs. It makes me feel a bit awkward, I feel I have to respond with xxxs :o even when the message is a plain straightforward text like 'great film on tv3':(. My oh sends me smileys, he's not a kissy kissy person so it'd be out of character. If i'm thanking someone close for something, I might send one x, depending on who they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Owenw

i know that the x's are the time-honoured symbol for kisses, but wtf do the O's stand for? :confused:

excessive use of x's look like they self-censored the message :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,603 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

I usually send one or two if the girl leaves me them, feel like a bit of a pr1ck if I dont. When I was younger girls used to be crazy with them leaving about a page of x's in texts (not joking). My friend also leaves his girlfriend a ridiculous amount of them, kind of pathetic leaving that many I would have thought. Would I be correct in saying they usually disappear the older you get?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Owenw wrote: »
    i know that the x's are the time-honoured symbol for kisses, but wtf do the O's stand for? :confused:

excessive use of x's look like they self-censored the message :D

o is a hug, somebody is unloved!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭LD 50

I never use them. Even if I'm texting a girl I'm scoring. Its girlie IMO.

And I don't see why people would put even one X on a message, unless they would kiss them in person. Like, if you put one at the end of a message to your sister, would you kiss your sister in real life. Didn't think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Hockney

o is a hug, somebody is unloved!

How in the hell is an O a hug???!!

Is this common knowledge?! I need to get in more....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

because when I hug girl that's what happens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Am I the only person debating what is more cringe worthy; the OP's text message or the thought-process behind the choice of the OP's username? :confused:

Advertisement