Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fighting Game FLASH!

• 22-09-2009 6:30am
    Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Had posted this on another forum and figured there'd be no harm pasting it here, also - Be nice to see if people can contribute some more - Anyhow, here goes.

MK vs. SF3 (Akuma v Chameleon)
    The biggest, best and smoothest of the lot.

MK v. SF2 (Ryu v Scorpion)
    Old, but still gold.

M2 - Surviving (Chun Li v Reptile)
    A suprising, largely unknown kick-arse flash of top-notch quality.

VG Exiles Ep.2 (Gambit v Jon Talbain)
    Not entirely SF related but there's a LOT of SF character Cameos.

VG Exiles Ep.1 (Cammy v Sonya Blade) The first part of above movie featuring Cammy.

I'll also shamelessly throw up a link to the Castlevania: RoR one I had made - It's not truly fighting game related but considering I have Alucard & Ricther acting as if they've just been portalled into a StreetFighter type game, I guess it could count.
    CastleVania - Rhapsody of Ruin: Alucard v Ricther

Enjoy! And if you know of others, feel free to link! Also, if you're not into Sprite Fights, you could always laugh along with the NewGrounds STREET FIGHTER COLLAB!

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/495979
    Warning: VERY Adult Content in most of them ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Gotta love Proxicide, I remember being so blown away when that ryu v scorpion vid 1st came out. As its 3rd strike ryu in the vid, it has that extra coolness factor for me now.

I still like that one the best, although I've not watched all the links, I know the 1st one is that akuma one.
    **edit **
    You should really give 3s a shot some time ropedrink, I remember I asked you before but forgot to reply, you mentioned the closest game to it you played was prob alpha or MvC2 etc but actually the closest SF to 3rd strike is probably SF4. Ex moves and dashes etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

hey did y ever make a sf v mk game?

RopeDrink wrote: »
    [/U]M2 - Surviving (Chun Li v Reptile)
    A suprising, largely unknown kick-arse flash of top-notch quality.

Ah 3s chunny and all, nice :D
    VG Exiles Ep.2 (Gambit v Jon Talbain)
    Not entirely SF related but there's a LOT of SF character Cameos.

VG Exiles Ep.1 (Cammy v Sonya Blade) The first part of above movie featuring Cammy.

Enjoyed both of these. :cool:
    I'll also shamelessly throw up a link to the Castlevania: RoR one I had made - It's not truly fighting game related but considering I have Alucard & Ricther acting as if they've just been portalled into a StreetFighter type game, I guess it could count.
    CastleVania - Rhapsody of Ruin: Alucard v Ricther

Interesting, I actually remember seeing this before. Very well done, I'll admit I never played nor know much about Castlevania so a lot of the coolness factor is lost on me but very well done, I've worked on a little flash myself, I'm sure that was a hell of a lot of work.

Closest I played to it (or namely the most recent pure 2D SF's I've played) are the Alpha series and XMen vs SF, not played Marvel though I did play one of those SF games that mixed SF players, Darkstalker players and Mega Man and some other weird ****e - Only got to play it once. I remember it had neither Guile, Charlie or J.Talbain (fav Darkstalker) so I lost all interest.

3rd Strike is still closer to SFIV the any other Street Fighter game that I'm aware of. I only say this though due to the fact that both games have ex moves and dashing, plus their own unique aspect to them (parrying/ focus system) however apart from that they are nothing like eachother, 3rd strike really is its own game. Very well worth having a look at for anyone into street fighter. Indeed, as someone who doesnt like playing shotos, theres no recognisable characters for you to jump in with right away.

You said you like guile, well , picture what it'd be like if guile was a french emo... yes it sounds bad, you'd get Remy, whos pretty cool actually.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/495979
    Warning: VERY Adult Content in most of them ;)

:eek:Oh my ****ING GOD! I've only watched 3 so far and I'm in stitches ****ing priceless stuff here. Seriously people check that out !!!

**edit** hmm a fair few are hit and miss but the good ones make up for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,021 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Cunny-Funt wrote: »
    :eek:Oh my ****ING GOD! I've only watched 3 so far and I'm in stitches ****ing priceless stuff here. Seriously people check that out !!!

I assume it's Street Fighter: The Later Years?

• Advertisement

The 3rd strike bar and viper & guile one are the best alright. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

MK vs. SF3 (Akuma v Chameleon)
    The biggest, best and smoothest of the lot.

Watched this one first. I though I was controlling Akuma for the start of fight :o

Good vids. The Chunners fight was really good. It was cool watching them and looking out for moves.

Advertisement