Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned because of my politics?

Options
  • 22-09-2009 7:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 46

I started a thread last week about stopping NAMA by voting No to Lisbon.

It appears that one of the moderators (Scofflaw) doesn't like my political views and has banned me. I can no longer even read the thread, let alone post on it, because of a ban by one of the moderators.

I've tried to find out more about the ban by PMing all the moderators on the thread but nobody has responded.

Are Boards.ie moderators so censorial that they'll ban you for having disparate views?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭me_right_one

In fairness, it was a fairly stupid point of view. You're talking about changing the course of Irish history cos you're not happy with a temporary fancy bank bailout. How did you think it up in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Hobo Sapiens

In fairness, it was a fairly stupid point of view. You're talking about changing the course of Irish history cos you're not happy with a temporary fancy bank bailout. How did you think it up in the first place?

That's just your opinion!

Does one get banned from boards.ie because of their p.o.v.?

(PS: NAMA would change the course of Irish history, it's not just "a temporary fancy bank bailout", whatever that is supposed to mean. NAMA would be a permanent, unfair bailout.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

If I posted that the U.S. should nuke, Iran,Nth Korea,Pakistan and maybe Afghanistan in that order starting tomorrow morning after breakfast,it would only be my opinion.

Don't think I would last too long on the forum though.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Hobo,
    read the Charter of that forum, take time to look around the forum and see how things are done there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement