Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rte and NAMA

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I saw this last night - wasn't that bad - I thought Pat was poor when he didn't push Fintan O'Toole's question about whether BL was incompetent or complicit!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

kbannon wrote: »
    I saw this last night - wasn't that bad - I thought Pat was poor when he didn't push Fintan O'Toole's question about whether BL was incompetent or complicit!

Would we expect anything less from the Government, I mean the state broadcaster and its minions.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

kbannon wrote: »

It was a retarded question. Great soundbite, awful for a debate.

Lenihan's not even been Minister of Finance for that long. O'Toole wanted to get a reaction. Lenihan's not been perfect, nor has he been a disaster.

Kenny actually made a stab at objectivity, which is a pleasant surprise. Dunphy and O'Toole made decent (not excellent) pundits because both were too busy trying to win over the audience than strive for the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Sometimes telling the truth is a subversive act. I am not a fan of Fintan O'Toole but I cant fault him for his efforts to explain the truth of NAMA to a wider audience. It is theft. Pure and simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Dunphy rips into NAMA and Plank Kenny:

Dunphy is as right about Nama as he is about Ronaldo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Dunphy is as right about Nama as he is about Ronaldo.
    I like the way Pat Kenny dismissed the audience member who came out with that line after he tried to "educate" people about what negative equity is.

Advertisement