Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Music Bands (Rock)

Options
  • 22-09-2009 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Hey Guys/Gals-
    Just decided to create this post to put it out there, now im new to boards so if there is a similar thread that you have found use full or good please link me to it thanks. Anyway Im what you would call an old fashion rocker, grew up listening to Guns N Roses, Metallica, Ac/Dc, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, Chili Peppers Thin Lizzy etc... good songs with great lyrics and guitar licks and solos, but now Im finding it harder and harder to get my hands on music of the same genere. Since then I am now listening to the likes of Steel Panther, Nickleback, Black Tide, Dio, Black Stone Cherry, Animal, Muse, and The Answer, as alot of my friends are DJ's I love finding new bands and then refering them off, or playing a song at the poker nights for them to ask "whos that".

Basically if you have heard any cool, rocking or feel good music recently, put it up here along with what you think of it and I will check it out! Thanks All

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

I don't see Zeppelin on your list... :|
    Hmm, not new but listening to some UFO, Strangers In The Night, sort of live best of, sort of Thin Lizzy like.
    New bands I suggest: Kings of Leon? The Music.

Also Nickleback? Ughhh. :p
    Also also, lol at your username.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

You might like Theory of a dead man. Link Think they are managed by Chad Kroeger but dont hold that against them :pac:
    I think some of their songs are good anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DrewPeacock

BopNiblets wrote: »
    I don't see Zeppelin on your list... :|
    quote]

Of Course Zep gets in goes without saying,big fan of thin lizzy/gary moore stuff,will check out some UFO sounds good, but disagree with your opionin of Nickleback, yes they had Rockstar, Hero, and How you Remind me, but sure thats how u make money get them in the charts for the chicks, but check out the likes of 'Flat on the Floor', 'Look what your money brought', 'Animal', and 'Burn it to the Ground' off the new Album never fails to get me rockin,also check out their cover of 'Saturday nights alright for fighting' Elton John cover with Kid Rock excellent!

As I mentioned before been listening to alot of Black Stone Cherry and the Irish band The Answer (whos influences are def AC/DC) but also a Band you might have heard of called Bang Camero, they dont have a lead singer just get a loads of backing singers to sing the lyrics, works quite well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 DrewPeacock

Hey Guys just letting you know that tomorrow and every saturday Radio Nowhere is broadcasting from 7-10 on UStream.com website, just look us up on UStream playing all this type of music with an all request show you can type you comments and request let us know what u want!

Radio Nowhere every saturday night from 7-10, where the listner comes first!!

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Dude get some Clutch into ya! Can't really go too far wrong with any of their albums and with nine albums that's saying alot! From their self-titled to their latest Strange Cousins from the West. Spread the gospel! Play it loud! The Minotaur demands it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Captain Iggy

Try Oddsocks Revival

A sligo band who play "classic rock and dirty funk"

http://www.myspace.com/oddsocksrevival

The lads are recording new stuff at the moment and it'll probably be up soon, definately ones to watch in the classic rock circuit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 music_me

here are a couple of random one's for you that you might like. I grew up on lizzy as well so hopefully you will like some of this :)

Dream Theater
    Alexisonfire
    The Bang Gang
    Chevelle
    The Dillanger Escape Plan
    Steel Dragon

If your looking for Irish I was listening to Roddie Cheery on WLR fm (huge lizzy fan and involved in the Vibe for Philo each and every year) he said the closest thing to Lizzy without it being a rip off was a band from Offaly called Heirs To Nothing. I caught them live up in dublin on night and they were savage put on a great show but didn't have anything released.

I hope that helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭mickydcork

What about Mastodon? Superb sludge metal/heavy rock.

Check out their second album Leviathan - it's a concept album about Moby Dick. Or their latest album Crack the SKye is excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 IsMiseJ

fobster wrote: »
    Dude get some Clutch into ya! Can't really go too far wrong with any of their albums and with nine albums that's saying alot! From their self-titled to their latest Strange Cousins from the West. Spread the gospel! Play it loud! The Minotaur demands it!

yeah dude gotta recommend Clutch , great great stuff

Advertisement