Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Glenties men win Gold medal for Ireland

Options
  • 22-09-2009 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

Two Glen of Glenties brothers, Donal Ward & Connell Ward were selected in the Ireland 680kg team who won the Gold medal at the European Tug of War championship in the Netherlands from 17th to 20th Sept Sept.http://irishtugofwar.com/2009/09/19/ireland-european-champions-at-680kilo/

The annual Donegal Hospice fundraising competition takes place at the Glen Tavern in the Glen of Glenties next Sunday at 3pm. Five of the gold medal winning Irish team will be in attendance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ladymarmalade

Well done to the Ward brothers, great achievement.

Dinny's will be the place to be on Sunday so and all for a great cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Excellent. Well done and congrats to the lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

thanks for the info. We will passing Glen Tavern this Sunday p.m . on way back from GAP challenge in Portnoo. Last year we passed the tug -of -war at around the same time, same place.
    Must try and find the pic I took. We didn't know what was going on and why, but it looked exciting and very colourful.

there,

102_1180.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭ladymarmalade

Great photo Durnish :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Glenman

Thanks Durnish, that is a great photo.

my pleasure. You can see the Croaghs really well. My husband had just cycled thru' it, on the old track.

Anyone watching/doing the GAP challenge this weekend?

Advertisement