Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus Crash in Rush

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Sparky84

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/six-injured-in-rush-bus-crash-427264.html
    More bad news for weary commuters. Luckily no one seriously hurt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

That's mad, two separate Dublin Bus crashes in such a small area on the same day! More details on RTE ... http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0922/rush.html

Who's going to be the first to comment on them being in a Rush ... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Unshelved

Glad there was nobody seriously hurt. What a start to the day though. I had a 35 minute wait in Skerries at the bus stop. Our poor bus driver had to find his way along the back roads at Rush and ended up at Rogerstown - great driving on tiny roads. A two hour journey door to door for me this morning. Not helped by Merrion Square being blocked to traffic today which made the city centre all the more congested. Seriously, who'd be a bus driver?

After our bus driver getting lost on the way into Dublin yesterday, and now the crash today - what will the rest of the week bring?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Char

I was on the 2nd bus crash in Rush this morning. It was pretty strange seeing the first bus crash and being diverted down the back roads and then our bus crashing.

There was a baby in the car that our bus crashed into but i think they were ok.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

first bus crashed at 630 with a van while on route to skerries, happened in main street. second bus crashed at 745 on corrs lane. eight people in hospital. hopefully all are ok.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

I know hindsight is a great thing and the buses may have had nowhere else to go but most roads lanes off Main St are barely wide enough for a car never mind A double Decker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭gdael

I was on it. Came on here to read about it.

Nobody looked badly hurt. A few people fell alright, but they were fine as far as i could see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭triple-M

third bus crash this morning involving a 16! what a day
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2009/0922/rush.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭QOTSA90

2 bus crashes in little old Rush huh? :confused: Glad my girlfriend wasnt on either :eek:

I hear there was another crash on Palmer road? But not involving any busses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

The 33x I got from Skerries jusrt after 9 headed out the Rush road then turned right at Loughshinny to hit the main Skerries-Lusk road. Be nice if they could have a couple of buses do this every morning, its a pain having to go through Rush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Keep this on-topic. There's a thread already dealing with the commuting issues, bus times, routes, etc. Thanks, HB

• Registered Users Posts: 16 bogchick

Im a bus drive who sometimes has to do the 33 route, the roads around there are mental! had to drive a full 33x one morning recently and my nerves were wrecked till i hit the motorway. those country roads not designed for double decker buses and trying to avoid boy racing farmers in their huge tractors.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

i heard the sirens this morning and thought it was very unusual. then heard on the radio of the crash. must have been a big turn out of emergency services as i saw a large amount of unmarked garda units heading out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Morphéus wrote: »
    first bus crashed at 630
    It was a bit later than that - about 7.10am. I was at home nearby and could hear lots of sirens at about 7.15/7.20.

This pic was taken at 7.34am.

RushAccident.jpg

Did anyone else see the cctv footage on RTE? Who was the lad who almost got taken out by the van? Lucky guy! :eek:

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    Did anyone else see the cctv footage on RTE?
    Yes - stuntman stuff!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Just seen it on the TV3 website:

http://tv3.ie/videos.php?video=14007

spectacular! (and the pedestrian was very lucky, as was the driver of the second van). It looks like the bus rammed into the back of the second van at some speed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Martron

he was lucky. nearly got pinned between the van and the pole!!!

looked quite violent alright. how did the white van get involved?

bit odd really thats a fairly wide part of main street

Martron wrote: »
    how did the white van get involved?
    The white van was parked. AFAIK, the grey van (I think it was a minibus?) pulled out from a parking spot opposite Price's and into the path of the Skerries bound bus. In the resulting accident, the Dublin Bus drove the grey van into the white parked white van forcing it onto the footpath.

(The front of the grey van can be seen behind the fire tender in the pic above).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

If that accident happened an hour later there could have been a far worse outcome. The street gets fairly busy from about 8 with kids walking to schools and elderly people out for morning walk. Eurospar is also busy at that hour with workers getting their rolls.

The guy in the van got some fright. Lucky man. Spoke to him for minute. RELIEVED.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Octopus

The white van was parked. AFAIK, the grey van (I think it was a minibus?) pulled out from a parking spot opposite Price's and into the path of the Skerries bound bus. In the resulting accident, the Dublin Bus drove the grey van into the white parked white van forcing it onto the footpath.

(The front of the grey van can be seen behind the fire tender in the pic above).

Thats not how it appears in the tv3 video. The grey van (minibus) seems to be parked with no one in the drivers seat. The white van is driven into the back of the grey van by the bus.

Agree from the angle of the impact of the white van that it may have pulled out from the opposite side of the road in front of the bus. Hard to judge how fast the bus was going as they'd carry a lot of weight and any impact would be severe.

None of the above is admissable as evidence in a court of law;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Who is that man though!

He deserves The Fall Guy award!!!

leemajor.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Darith

Traffic lights were shut down for work by technicians on dorset street yesterday. I wonder if this is has some connection to what is going on here. Someone fiddling with the traffic control system. Some of the accidenst happen near traffic lights, did they ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

What have problems with Dorset St traffic lights got to do with buses crashing in Rush?

Conspiracy Theory forum tbh.

I heard the driver of the first bus had a heart attack, not the truth obviously, but its hard to believe he just veered off the road into a stationary vehicle because of a simple mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

cruizer101 wrote: »
    The 33x I got from Skerries jusrt after 9 headed out the Rush road then turned right at Loughshinny to hit the main Skerries-Lusk road. Be nice if they could have a couple of buses do this every morning, its a pain having to go through Rush.

With or without the unfortunate situation in Rush it makes sense to have 2 or 3 of the 33x from Skerries taking that route every morning with the 33 going as normal. Its also a pain for us looking at ya:P

The rumour mill was flying for a few hours but thankfully noone seriously hurt

Heard one of the new drivers on 33 or 33x got to Skerries one day last week and asked one of the passengers how to get to Balbriggan:)

Now some evil little person could have taken him up Golf links Rd to Baldungan, Via Shady lane, Killalane and on to Balrothery;)

LeoB wrote: »

Heard one of the new drivers on 33 or 33x got to Skerries one day last week and asked one of the passengers how to get to Balbriggan:)

See the Dublin Bus sign pointing down the Skerries road? For the benefit of drivers not used to the 33 route no doubt, Havent seen a bus continue down towards the harbour in a few years, that always was funny to see:o

QOTSA90 wrote: »
    Havent seen a bus continue down towards the harbour in a few years, that always was funny to see:o
    I believe that new/unfamiliar drivers used to be brought down to the harbour and around Quay Road by mischevious school children! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Magoolio

Jaysus, just saw that footage from the first crash. Who was the lad who got out of the way? Does anyone know him?

• Advertisement
Advertisement