Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

We need Germany far more than it needs us

Options
  • 22-09-2009 10:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭

To any nooers who insist that EU are an evil "elites" on an autopilot to some sort of an empire

should read this

We need Germany far more than it needs us

and interesting opinion piece about European politics

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I don't understand, we should try to tighten the EU bond now while Germany is looking after her own interests before the union?
    Just 10 years ago, Germany would have been uncomfortable going it alone and would have sought to secure a supply for Europe ... Today, Germany pursues her own interests much as France and Britain do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

It's an interesting piece, but he speaks about Germany as if it's the only country in the EU.

He points to Angela Merkel as someone who isn't all that enthusiastic about the EU project, and infers from this that the goodwill between all the member states is dying.

I wouldn't get too hung up on it, personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,376 ✭✭✭ei.sdraob

Yeh true

i think the moral of the story is

other states might not be so accommodating with Ireland anymore

we after all did take alot of money and blew it on hookers and coke instead of building infrastructure and economy

Advertisement