Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rented accommodation - broken sink

Options
  • 22-09-2009 10:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Folks,

Staying in rented accommodation. Dropped a bottle of aftershave yesterday which managed to crack the sink in my en-suite. My responsibility to get replaced I presume?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

Tis your responsibility yes,but tell your landlord and see what s/he says,they might just say when you move on we'll only give you x amount of your deposit back.....
    Or they could tell you to replace it with a similar unit or they could replace it and then add the cost to your monthly rent,or even if you want they'd probably give you a choice:)... Oh and by the way this is not legal advice.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

yes it would be your responsibility.

Replacing the ceramic bowl for a sink isnt as expensive as you think though. Speak to the landlord before doign anything though just to make sure your on the same wavelenght in terms of how to proceed.

Advertisement