Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charging for Graphic Design work

• 22-09-2009 10:33am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

I'm wondering if people can give me an idea of what they charge per hour for freelance graphic design work. I was working as a designer for a company and got made redundant but they've now asked me to do some freelance work and I don't know what hourly rate I should be charging them at. They're pretty broke (hence my redundancy) so I can't be demanding but at the same time I don't want to be taken advantage of! Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭p

Hard to say without knowing what kind of work, what level of work, experience level, if you're working in house or using your own equipment etc...

Without knowing that i'd say anywhere between 20-50 euro an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Deliverance

From my own experience... After 5months experience... I charged 20E per hour for 24hrs per week i.e. 480E per wk. But that was web design, some consultantancy work and general multimedia work which was varied but it included some graphic design as well.

I pretty much worked from home for these hours. But when the company required me to be in the office I got travel and accomadation expenses as well. I would think that is a minimum to charge per hour really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 fleurness

Thanks for the replies p and Deliverance. I was working for them for three years and will be working from home. It's fairly basic corporate stuff - posters and ads etc. Hopefully I'll get enough cash to help bankroll my current unemplyed status :)

Advertisement