Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork City v Spurs XI in Cork mid November?

Options
  • 22-09-2009 10:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

word spreading in Cork for the past few weeks that Cork City will play a Spurs XI aka Bentley and a load of kids :D in Cork during the November international break on the 14/15 th November.

Nothing confirmed yet but likely to happen.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Cool, keep us updated. Would be my first City match :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

In would go to that game if def on.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭terrymccarthy05

are spurs playing fulham on the 15 nov.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Jesus I'm living in Cork now, would love to see it. I couldn't go to saint pats game last time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 jerryDyid

yiddo wrote: »
    word spreading in Cork for the past few weeks that Cork City will play a Spurs XI aka Bentley and a load of kids :D in Cork during the November international break on the 14/15 th November.

Nothing confirmed yet but likely to happen.
    anything new on this
    live in cork but haven't heard anything

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

ziedth wrote: »
    Jesus I'm living in Cork now, would love to see it. I couldn't go to saint pats game last time around.

I was at that. Summed up Bent was crap from it:D There was a load of London lads at it and they had to be the drunkest people I have ever seen. Would be surprised if any of them could remember being in Inchicore. Will defo travel to Cork, might offer Bentley a lift!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭yiddo

jerryDyid wrote: »
    anything new on this
    live in cork but haven't heard anything

No more news yet but it's still on the cards afaik!

Hopefully it's a weekend. Fancy the idea of going for a few beers in Cork be good craic. Maybe we could get something going when it is announced?

i'd say it'll be midweek somehow. Suit me better too, keep us informed man. Are cork city still in financial strife? I'm sure they'd get a few quid out of it. We should organise the lads on this board to meet for a drink before it if many travel down too it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

i'd say it'll be midweek somehow. Suit me better too, keep us informed man. Are cork city still in financial strife? I'm sure they'd get a few quid out of it. We should organise the lads on this board to meet for a drink before it if many travel down too it.

Apparantly Dan Murray had to ring up 96 FM for a bus coz the club hadn't payed their bus company 2 grand... So yup I think they're still in trouble!:eek:

• Advertisement

I watched a programme recently with Cork fans saying he has money just trying to be a cute hoor and playing the poor mouth. Fans werent happy with the running of the club at all. I think Ill still go if midweek. Have a mate that lives in Cork so will bunk in there even though he is a Chelsea fan! Oh the shame.

Apparantly Dan Murray had to ring up 96 FM for a bus coz the club hadn't payed their bus company 2 grand... So yup I think they're still in trouble!:eek:
    Seillejet wrote: »
    I watched a programme recently with Cork fans saying he has money just trying to be a cute hoor and playing the poor mouth. Fans werent happy with the running of the club at all. I think Ill still go if midweek. Have a mate that lives in Cork so will bunk in there even though he is a Chelsea fan! Oh the shame.

If it goes ahead it will be on the weekend of 14/15th November with a Saturday afternoon ko the most likely seeing as Ireland will fingers crossed by playing in the WC play off that evening. A weekend game would obviously bring more Spurs supporters to the game. I know a few lads in London who come over every summer and theyre only waiting for confirmation to book up! Shur I'd even go myself and break my no friendlies rule ;)

As for Coughlan, the City chairman, he is undoubtly a cute hoor but he's potless. Long before he ever became involved in football he was widely known in Cork as TNB = Tommy No Bobs :D

BTW Dan Murray the City captain is a Spurs supporter!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Is it true that the bus driver stopped the bus in Urlingford on the way back from a game and wouldn't go any further until he got paid for the previous two trips ?that's what i heard anyway.

tippspur wrote: »
    Is it true that the bus driver stopped the bus in Urlingford on the way back from a game and wouldn't go any further until he got paid for the previous two trips ?that's what i heard anyway.

That bull****. The coach company was paid all outstanding money before the bus left Cork, Not by Coughlan I hasten to add :mad:

By the way we've now rechristened him "Tommy No Bus" :D

Game not going ahead. City are playing a Liverpool legends XI instead.

At least it means I can resume my boycot of friendly games :D

Thats a pity it would have been good laugh to have a meet up.

Advertisement