Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Urei 1601 mixer

• 22-09-2009 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭

Hey

I'd like to buy 2 channel mixer for vinyl, was looking at the Urei 1601 priced at €440

Would there be anything better in the same price range?
    I'd be interested in playing mp3 in the future, so do any come with usb interface?

just looking for advice.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Why only 2 channel? Would you not like to have the options of a 3rd channel or more? Just curious..

Anyway, Urei are a great mixer but there's plenty of other options. www.htfr.com, www.thomann.de or http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/category/dj-&-lighting-/all have plenty of alternatives.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

That Urei is a fantastic mixer, it would be my choice. Consider the one with loops or effects too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

I have the one with the effects, it's wicked! Built like a tank and there's a great sound off it; used it down in Traffic a few times when the house mixer blew up (lol) and people (including visiting international dj's) were amazed a mixer in it's price range had the sound quality that it had.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

thanks all

i checked htfr for the effects/loop version but unfortunately it looks like they're out of stock, will keep an eye out for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,567 ✭✭✭Martyr

sorry for dragging this up again but htfr said they are waiting on urei 1601 to be back in stock..they had it advertised when i ordered it 3 weeks ago. :(

the alternatives they've offered me are

Pioneer DJM 400
    Vestax PMC 06

i was thinking about the Allen & Heath Xone 202

anyone use the A&H mixer? any thoughts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

jaysus that's quite a dilemma actually. both allen & heath and urei have a legacy of great sounding circuitry. Haven't used either of those particular models but have used a good bit of stuff from both those companies.

I'd personally go for the urei but that's only because i don't like the look of the allen&heath.

coin flip might be your best bet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

urei

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Another Urei vote here. Both are good mixers but the Urei is better value and looks cooler too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

Urei or the Allen and Heath

Advertisement