Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ovi store - what am I missing?

Options
  • 22-09-2009 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭

Not going into the quality of apps...am I stupid? Why does the ovi store app show me 'my stuff', but won't let me redownload my stuff? Why, when an app I bought fails to fully download, can I not re-download?
    Handango etc etc all let me re-download apps I paid for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Only certain apps can be re-downloaded at the moment, in time im sure all will be able to be re-downloadable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭ashleey

that supposes there's anything worth downloading. The best thing for Nokia is Sportstracker and I couldn't find it in the ovistore amongst all the baby ringtones, videos and wallpapers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Personally I'm less than impressed with the OVI Store. It's slow and the number of applications is a bit of a joke compared to (for example) the Apple Store.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

What annoys me the most is the woegeous search. Couldn't find it's own a**e with two hands and an atlas.

Edit: Strecker mouth to Nokia's ears

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/10507_Nokias_Ovi_Store_adds_re-downl.php

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭strecker

long_b wrote: »
    What annoys me the most is the woegeous search. Couldn't find it's own a**e with two hands and an atlas.

Edit: Strecker mouth to Nokia's ears

http://www.allaboutsymbian.com/news/item/10507_Nokias_Ovi_Store_adds_re-downl.php

Yeah, search is a joke! Yesterday I looked at 'recommended'. On the page was Gravity's trial version... So I typed in search: 'Gravity' to find full version (again!)... Result: zero! Not even the trial version I had just been looking at O-o tsssk!

It's a blo*dy mess!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭clairek6

hey anyone have any idea if you can pay for apps from the ovi store by phone credit? iv set my payment option to phone bill.. but is that only billpay phones? thanks in advance :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭sidewaysdrivin

ah its terrible alright, but i think hey if ya download it on the computer you can re-download stuff & install again

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

Wow. The Thread From the Crypt.

In the two years since this was posted, Ovi Store has improved a lot. You can re-download, and you can update.

For the new poster, yes, "pay on my bill" works for PAYG accounts too. Your account history will show either one or two premium SMS messages - one to a premium number for about €0.50 (actual amount depends on which network you're with), and a second from the same number for the balance of the purchase.

but when i go to buy it i have to send it 'to mobile' and when i get so far on my phone to download it it asks me for my payment option asking for a range of credit cards:confused: what do i do to pay with mobile credit?? thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭KrisW

On the Confirm Purchase screen, there's a "Change Payment Method ›" button. Press that, and one of the options should be "Phone Bill" - that's the one to use, even if you're on a Pay as you Go contract. You'll be charged for two SMS messages - one out, one in - with a total price of whatever the app costs.

According to Nokia, in Ireland, operator billing is supported by Three, O2, Vodafone and Meteor. I can confirm that "Meteor" also means "eMobile".

What network are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Try contacting Nokia Ireland, as I used to have the Nokia C7 & it always let me re-download. Also, do you download the apps via Wi-Fi or 3G?

im trying to download a 'sms thread' app for my nokia 5230, im giving up now it just wont work for me! im on vodafone, thanks for the help:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The OVI store has improved to that now is just abysmal instead of unusable :D

Advertisement