Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telescopic Walking Sticks

Options
  • 22-09-2009 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good, lightweight and not too expensive telescopic walking stick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

Leki seem to be the brand leader - but pricey. You might pick up some cheap poles in the likes of Lidl or Aldi. Or for a few notes more you might find some in the likes of Millets.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Down South

I can recommend the carbon fibre poles from www.alpkit.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭fergalr

http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en-us/shop/mountain/trekking-poles/contour-elliptic-carbon
    good, lightweight and not too expensive
    2 out of 3 ain't bad :-)

I've found them excellent, and they are lightweight. If your going to use them every time you go hiking, and if the light weight means you put them in when you'd otherwise have left them out, then the investment isn't so bad.
    If you aren't sure if poles are for you, then buy the cheapest aldi/lidl pair, and try them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Aldi have cheap poles on offer every few months that are decent enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭foolelle

TK Maxx on stephens green still has some floating around the store. I got 2 months back trek mate is the brand not sure where that sits on the Market with regard to quality but I've has no problems with it at all very sturdy, lightweight and exactly what I needed. €10 great deal.

• Advertisement
Advertisement