Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telescopic Walking Sticks

• 22-09-2009 11:31am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good,lightweight and reasonably inexpensive telescopic walking stick?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

I'm in Scotland.
    The outdoor activities shops - Tiso, etc - stock such an item, extending and telescopic with a spring loaded shock absorber. I've used it for 20+ years and it only needs a wee bit of clean and a smear of oil now and again.

It is called a 'leki', German made and a great tool for such activity.
    However, I'm now about to receive a replacement hip joint and am dependent on the 'normal' walking stick for virtually full everyday use.

I'd noticed the possibility of trying to modify the hillwalker stick for urban use and it would require a modified handle and foot to be ver useful.

I hope this info is of help and may even lead to a business opportunity.

Advertisement