Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to apply Nematodes?

Options
  • 22-09-2009 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

HI,

My entire Potatoe crop has been destroyed by Slugs this year and I've now decided to go the Nematode route (done all the other methods/pellets etc... and yes I have chickens but they don't like slugs and the wife won't let me keep ducks!)

Does anyone have a suggestion on when to apply nematodes? I know my crop is lost, should I apply now or wait until next year?

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

do no harm to start a course of nematode treatment in the autumn before the first frost as you will kill a lot of the adult breeding slugs before they lay there eggs and this will be of benefit to you next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IRCA

dardevle wrote: »

do no harm to start a course of nematode treatment in the autumn before the first frost as you will kill a lot of the adult breeding slugs before they lay there eggs and this will be of benefit to you next year.

Thanks for the advice!

Advertisement